Where Can I Find Detailed Specifications for Single-Seater Passenger Planes?

  • Thread starter Thread starter kevjcarvalho
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Planes
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 2K views
kevjcarvalho
Messages
41
Reaction score
0
heyy does anyone know where i can get specifications of single seater passenger planes...i need airfoil, chord length, wingspan, weight, fuselage length, distance of wings from tailplane etc...really detail...even electronics used...pleasez help?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
You're not going to find this kind of proprietary information compiled into a single source.
 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bowers_Fly_Baby
I was looking to build one of these a while back but never got up to it for multiple reasons (Money, more money, and money). I have the plans for it some where... They cost about $115 I think. Not sure what the drill is here with torrents so I won't link you to one, but you can probably find professional plans on any torrent site.

If you're actually planning on building a plane though, I would go with the legit deal and buy the plans. Using plans you got off the Internet seems like a dangerous idea (Important instructions could be missing, etc) but for educational purposes, pirating is the way to go.
 
the thing is we don't want to copy the existing design...we just want to use it as a reference...we want be building the plane just the design...the building is really expensive...will torrents help...just want things like airfoil ,chord length, the things you don't get normally...thnx
 
No offense, but how are you guys going to design an airplane when you don't really know anything about aerodynamics?
 
come on...we really know aerodynamics...i can't say how much...but its obvious that we need to know it before we even dream to start designing a plane