Where Can I Find Diodes for Line-Shaped Beams in Soft X-Ray Experiments?

  • Level: Graduate 
  • Thread starter Thread starter SAXSIST
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Photodiode X-ray
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
SAXSIST
Messages
8
Reaction score
1
I have successfully tested my read-out & data acquisition electronics for the Moxtek XPIN-XT Detector. I cooled the PIN diode below -30°C and found an energy resolution better than 300eV (@8keV) up to 50k cts/sec.
Right now I am looking for diodes for line-shaped beams, i.e. about 14mm x 2 to 3mm active area. In the past there was a Si-PIN detector out (PF2400, also from Moxtek) which could be used for SAXS and XRD experiments, but is not longer available.
Can anyone help me to find a manufacturer of those PIN or SDD diodes with the above geometry?

Thanks
 
Physics news on Phys.org
dlgoff said:
I'm not sure but you may get some good responses in the High Energy, Nuclear, Particle Physics forum. I'll report this post and see what the mentors think.
8 keV is not the typical high-energy range, but let's try.

Would scintillators be an alternative? Or multiple diodes?
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: dlgoff
I am not sure if scintillators are an alternative, as we want to achieve an energy resolution of approx. 300eV (to separate Cu Ka from Kb). Multiple diodes are in considaration.