Where Can I Find Free Peer Review Services for Research Papers?

  • Thread starter Thread starter kakarot1905
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Peer review Review
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 3K views
kakarot1905
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
Hi

Does anybody know any free peer review services for research papers?
Does physical review letters have a free peer review service?

Thanks
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
kakarot1905 said:
Hi

Does anybody know any free peer review services for research papers?
Does physical review letters have a free peer review service?

Thanks
If you are submitting an article for publication, most journals will peer review, typeset and publish your article for free (if it is accepted). The notable exception is PRL, which I believe, charges a publication fee.

If you are not looking to submit your paper to a journal, but would like it "peer reviewed", that I'm afraid I'm not aware of an reputable services. If you are a student, the best option would be to show your paper to one of your tutors or supervisor (if you have one) and ask them to read it.
 
Hootenanny said:
If you are submitting an article for publication, most journals will peer review, typeset and publish your article for free (if it is accepted). The notable exception is PRL, which I believe, charges a publication fee.

I am unaware of any Journal that does not levy 'page charges'- online or print. The charges can be waived in some circumstances, but I have paid for every article I ever published.
 
Andy Resnick said:
I am unaware of any Journal that does not levy 'page charges'- online or print. The charges can be waived in some circumstances, but I have paid for every article I ever published.
Most journals I have seen do indeed levy "page charges", but offer x free pages for each manuscript. Certainly for papers in my field, this free limit is usually sufficient for the entire paper. Of course, there are also many journals that do not levy any page charges whatsoever, certainly in mathematics and engineering. Of the articles I have published, I have only had to pay once - for exceeding the free page limit by a few pages.