Where Can I Find Good Books on Maxwell's Demon?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
fezster
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Can anyone recommend any good reading on Maxwell's demon? I'm mostly looking for things at the undergraduate level, but I don't mind something less rigorous or more advanced.

(Apologies to the mods if this is in the wrong forum.)
 
Physics news on Phys.org
If you're serious about understanding this topic in depth, you'll have to spend some quality time with a statistical mechanics and thermodynamics textbook

If you're not up for that there's a LOT available online on this topic. Google will find you some good sources - look especially for course notes from various college-level classes. Try reading these and then if you have more specific questions come back and ask them here.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: berkeman