Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Where can I find more information about Plane Geometry?

1. Mar 31, 2008 #1
    Hey there

I do study a textbook at School called Plane Geometry, it is about 3d dimensional figures, it starts with explaining Planes, points and lines, then It starts with theories, then I have to prove something like a line perpendicular to a plane and things like that. I googled Plane Geometry, Solid Geometry and many other things but I found nothing new.

I found this website
    http://www.bymath.com/studyguide/geo/sec/geo14a.htm

Anybody knows where can I find anything about this interesting topic?

Thanks

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 31, 2008 #2
  4. Mar 31, 2008 #3

symbolipoint

Homework Helper
    Education Advisor
    Gold Member

What kind of "more" do you mean? Maybe you want a different or better textbook. Plane Geometry is one pathway to 3-dimensional cartesian coordinate Geometry or "Analytical Geometry" in three dimensions. Some courses on Plane Geometry include a brief introduction to Trigonometry, but Trigonometry is much more thoroughly developed either in a dedicated course on it or in a PreCalculus course.

Depending on what more you wish to learn, you might enjoy a textbook on Intermediate Algebra, Trigonometry, or Pre-Calculus.

5. Mar 31, 2008 #4
    I meant by more a better textbook with the same level, something introductory.

This book is great and looks interesting.

Thanks guys for your help.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?