Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Where can I find more information about Plane Geometry?

1. Mar 31, 2008 #1
    Hey there

I do study a textbook at School called Plane Geometry, it is about 3d dimensional figures, it starts with explaining Planes, points and lines, then It starts with theories, then I have to prove something like a line perpendicular to a plane and things like that. I googled Plane Geometry, Solid Geometry and many other things but I found nothing new.

I found this website
    http://www.bymath.com/studyguide/geo/sec/geo14a.htm

Anybody knows where can I find anything about this interesting topic?

Thanks

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 31, 2008 #2
  4. Mar 31, 2008 #3

symbolipoint

Homework Helper
    Education Advisor
    Gold Member

What kind of "more" do you mean? Maybe you want a different or better textbook. Plane Geometry is one pathway to 3-dimensional cartesian coordinate Geometry or "Analytical Geometry" in three dimensions. Some courses on Plane Geometry include a brief introduction to Trigonometry, but Trigonometry is much more thoroughly developed either in a dedicated course on it or in a PreCalculus course.

Depending on what more you wish to learn, you might enjoy a textbook on Intermediate Algebra, Trigonometry, or Pre-Calculus.

5. Mar 31, 2008 #4
    I meant by more a better textbook with the same level, something introductory.

This book is great and looks interesting.

Thanks guys for your help.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2017 at 11:56 AM
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook