Where can I find source code for scientific programs?

In summary, the person is looking for programs similar to GSL but with routines instead. They mention a specific method developed in the 80's and ask if there is a place where they can find similar programs. The response suggests contacting the author directly or searching on a website called CCL.net.
andresordonez
:uhh: ... not sure if this is the right place to post this.

Hi, I'm looking for something like GSL but with programs instead of routines.

For example, there is a method that was developed in the 80's for solving the time-dependent Schrödinger Equation (M. D. Feit, J. A. Fleck Jr. and A. Steiger. J. Comput. Phys. 47, 412 (1982)). This paper has something like 1200 citations, so I'm sure many people have programmed it before.

Is there any place where I can found this kind of programs?

Thanks!

Technology news on Phys.org
Hello,
it is difficult to get such old source codes. Better ask the corresponding author directly, if it not a free one.
Otherwise try here. May be you can get it.
http://www.ccl.net/chemistry/

1. Where can I find open-source scientific programs?

There are many online repositories and databases that host open-source scientific programs, such as GitHub, SourceForge, and Bioconductor. You can also search for specific programs on Google or other search engines.

2. How can I access source code for licensed scientific programs?

You can typically access source code for licensed scientific programs by contacting the developer or publisher directly. They may require you to purchase a license or sign a non-disclosure agreement.

3. Are there any search engines specifically for scientific source code?

Yes, there are search engines such as Code Ocean and CodeMeta that specifically index and search for scientific source code. These can be useful for finding programs and code related to a specific research topic.

4. Can I modify and use source code from scientific programs for my research?

It depends on the license under which the source code is released. Some open-source licenses allow for modification and use, while others may have restrictions. Make sure to check the license and any accompanying documentation before using the source code.

5. How can I contribute to open-source scientific programs?

If you have programming skills and would like to contribute to open-source scientific programs, you can usually do so by contacting the developer or contributing to the project on a hosting platform like GitHub. Make sure to follow any contribution guidelines and coding standards set by the project.