Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Where can I get a functional PSPice?

1. Sep 12, 2012 #1
    I tried a special edition that came with an electronics book and it had lots of problems. Then I downloaded a 9.1 student version that I found online but when I try to open a new sim profile it doesn't allow me to put any name I want or import. And the Capture Student version that I have doesnt have any option to run a simulation (I've looked everywhere).

I am a bit new to simulations so it's possible that i'm doing something wrong, but in case I am not could anyone give me a page that has a PSPice version that you KNOW works just fine?

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 12, 2012 #2

uart

Science Advisor

There may be something wrong with how you're trying to use the ones you've already listed, as they should have worked ok.

Anyway, if you want to try another option then give this one a go. LTspice: http://www.linear.com/designtools/software/

4. Sep 12, 2012 #3
    hey, is the software pointed to by the link free? as in gratis? zero dollars? is it freeware? or is it going to stop working soon enough?

5. Sep 12, 2012 #4

uart

Science Advisor

I'm pretty sure it's freeware gsal. :smile:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook