Where can I get a functional PSPice?

In summary, the user tried a special edition of a simulation software that came with an electronics book, but encountered numerous problems. They then downloaded a 9.1 student version from online, but were unable to open a new simulation profile or import files. The Capture Student version they have also does not have a simulation option. They are unsure if they are doing something wrong and are looking for a reliable PSPice version. Another user suggests trying LTspice, which is a free software.
jean28
I tried a special edition that came with an electronics book and it had lots of problems. Then I downloaded a 9.1 student version that I found online but when I try to open a new sim profile it doesn't allow me to put any name I want or import. And the Capture Student version that I have doesn't have any option to run a simulation (I've looked everywhere).

I am a bit new to simulations so it's possible that I'm doing something wrong, but in case I am not could anyone give me a page that has a PSPice version that you KNOW works just fine?

Physics news on Phys.org
There may be something wrong with how you're trying to use the ones you've already listed, as they should have worked ok.

Anyway, if you want to try another option then give this one a go. LTspice: http://www.linear.com/designtools/software/

hey, is the software pointed to by the link free? as in gratis? zero dollars? is it freeware? or is it going to stop working soon enough?

I'm pretty sure it's freeware gsal. :smile:

I understand your frustration with trying to find a functional version of PSPice. Firstly, it is important to make sure that the version of PSPice you are using is compatible with your operating system and hardware. If you have tried multiple versions and encountered problems, it may be helpful to reach out to the manufacturer or developer for assistance.

Additionally, there are many resources available online for downloading PSPice, but it is important to be cautious and ensure that you are downloading from a reputable source. Some universities or educational institutions may offer access to PSPice for their students, so it may be worth checking with your school's engineering department.

If you are still unable to find a functional version, there are alternative simulation software programs that you can explore, such as LTSpice or MultiSim. These may have different features and interfaces, but they can still provide valuable simulation capabilities.

In summary, it may take some trial and error to find a working version of PSPice, but it is important to be diligent in your search and to seek assistance from the manufacturer or other reliable sources if needed.

1. Where can I purchase a functional PSPice software?

There are several options for purchasing a functional PSPice software. You can buy it directly from the Cadence website, or from third-party vendors such as Digi-Key, Mouser Electronics, or Amazon. You may also be able to purchase it from your university or employer if they have a license.

2. Can I download a free trial version of PSPice?

Yes, you can download a free trial version of PSPice from the Cadence website. The trial period is typically 30 days, after which you will need to purchase a license to continue using the software.

3. Is PSPice compatible with all operating systems?

PSPice is compatible with Windows and Linux operating systems. However, it is not compatible with Mac OS. If you have a Mac, you can use virtualization software such as Parallels or Bootcamp to run PSPice on your computer.

4. Can I use PSPice for both analog and digital circuit simulations?

Yes, PSPice is capable of simulating both analog and digital circuits. It has a wide range of simulation capabilities, including transient, AC, DC, and Monte Carlo analyses, making it a versatile tool for circuit design and analysis.

5. Are there any online resources for learning how to use PSPice?

Yes, there are several online resources available for learning how to use PSPice. Cadence offers tutorials and user guides on their website, and there are also many YouTube tutorials and forums where users share tips and tricks for using the software. Additionally, your university or employer may offer workshops or training sessions on PSPice.