1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Where can i get a good book on electric cars?

1. Mar 14, 2006 #1
    Where can i get a good book on electric cars??

Does anyone knows a good book dedicated to electric cars???

I mean, not a rigorous text book nor a colourful brochure....

Thanks guys

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 14, 2006 #2

Cliff_J

Science Advisor

I've seen a few on Amazon, you can preview what's inside them for at least 10-20 pages. A local Borders or B&N would be logical too.

The big problem is the audience and the pace of technology. A book would have to be written in layman's langauge and leave out the complexities of battery usage or motor controllers. And a book written just a few years ago would likely dismiss LiOn or even NiMH as being too expensive (granted they are still not competitive with lead-acid) and sources to procure the equipment change wildly.

The scarcity of hybrid cars (lots of models, low production numbers though) today and the removal of the only mass-produced electric car (EV1 from GM) says a lot about the viability of the technologies on a large scale. And if you just look at the raw energy cost, electricity is more expensive than gasoline, so the efficiency is really important from a value standpoint.

4. Mar 14, 2006 #3
    I found this book called

""The Electric Car: Development and Future of Battery, Hybrid and Fuel-Cell Cars (Iee Power & Energy Series, 38) (Hardcover)""

on amazon, anyone think its any good???

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook