Name of software for drawing electric circuits

brotherbobby
I loved working through Alexander and Sadiku's book Fundamentals of Electrical Circuits. However, what attracted me the most about the book was the way the authors drew the electrical circuits. I copy and paste two typical drawings, hoping I am not violating anything.

1701803538372.png
1701803593665.png

Does anyone know the electrical drawing software (app) with which the above circuits were drawn?

Many thanks.

Engineering news on Phys.org
I would guess edrawmax. But I am not sure.

Why don't you ask the authors? You have little to lose by sending a polite email.
Don't be surprised if they don't know. Graphics is often outsourced.

• Informative
Likes screen1998 and berkeman
I had written to the authors but, as you feared, got no response.
.Scott said:
I would guess edrawmax. But I am not sure.
I have tried Edrawmax quite extensively @.Scott . The "look" of components are different to those of the book.

brotherbobby said:
I have tried Edrawmax quite extensively @.Scott . The "look" of components are different to those of the book.
Do you really care about matching that "look", or do you want to just be able to draw circuits ("schematic capture") with a free program?

I'd like you to have a look at the diagrams I captured from the book. I'd like that professional look, yes.

I don't think it's CAD (schematic capture). I think it's graphics (drawing) SW. But I certainly could be wrong. It's unusual to see subscripts for the reference designators in CAD programs.

I think there is a program called PSpice that might fit your need.

What is the best software for drawing electrical circuits?

Among the popular choices, Autodesk AutoCAD Electrical is widely regarded for its comprehensive features tailored for electrical design. Other notable options include LTspice for simulation, Eagle for PCB design, and Microsoft Visio for simpler diagramming needs.

Is there any free software available for drawing electrical circuits?

Yes, there are several free software options available for drawing electrical circuits. KiCad and Fritzing are popular choices for PCB design and prototyping, respectively. For circuit simulation, LTspice is a highly recommended free tool.

Can I use these software tools on both Mac and Windows?

Many circuit design software tools are available for both Windows and Mac. Autodesk AutoCAD Electrical, however, is only available on Windows. KiCad and Eagle offer cross-platform compatibility, supporting both Windows and Mac operating systems.

How do I learn to use circuit drawing software effectively?

Most software providers offer tutorials and documentation to help new users. Additionally, online platforms like YouTube have numerous tutorials available. For more structured learning, consider online courses from platforms like Coursera or Udemy that offer specific training on electrical design software.

What features should I look for in electrical circuit drawing software?

Key features to look for include support for schematic capture, PCB layout, component libraries, and simulation capabilities. Advanced features might include integration with other CAD software, automatic bill of materials generation, and real-time collaboration tools.