Where Can Students Find Free Science and Math Textbooks Online?

  • Thread starter Thread starter JazzFusion
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Topic
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 10K views
JazzFusion
Messages
96
Reaction score
1
The following websites offer thousands of free textbooks and course lecture notes, downloadable in pdf and other formats, searchable by topic, spanning sciences and mathematics of all types, levels, and branches.

http://www.techbooksforfree.com/science.shtml"

http://mathbooks.110mb.com/mylist.php"

http://www.freescience.info/index.php?cambia=en"

http://www.ams.org/online_bks/"

http://www.widernet.org/digitalLibrary/DigitalLibraries.htm" (links to a host of other online book/text sources)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Oh my god, I love you, I wish this had some a couple of days earlier so I could have taken advantage of it and not bombed...but at least I can use it for the final. I am taking advanced multivariable calculus right now and the textbook we are using is absolutely atrocious...terrible explanataions, no examples of 90% of the theorems they derive, barely any practice questions and no answers to them anyway so they're not much good...But right off the bat I found an awesome textbook on the "Textbooks in Mathematics" site that contains exactly the material from my course, and it has awesome explanations with examples and practice questions with answers :D