Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Where can you buy a cheap liquid nitrogen dewar?

1. Jul 10, 2016 #1
    I want to find a Dewar or vacuum flask for liquid nitrogen under $50. Does anyone have any recommendations where to buy one?

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 10, 2016 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

What size? Where are you going to get the liquid Nitrogen? What country / state are you in? What are you going to use the liquid Nitrogen for?

4. Jul 11, 2016 #3

CWatters

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

I would ask whoever is supplying the liquid nitrogen. They may be reluctant to fill your dewar unless they are happy with it. Cheapest I could see on ebay is double your price target.

5. Jul 12, 2016 #4
    I wpuld like to cool down a super conducter

6. Jul 12, 2016 #5

berkeman

What is your level of experience working with cryogenics? What are you planning on doing with the superconductor?

7. Jul 12, 2016 #6
    I really have no experience, just want to play with it.

8. Jul 13, 2016 #7

Drakkith

Thread locked for moderation.

9. Jul 13, 2016 #8

berkeman

Then we cannot help you. An anonymous internet forum is no substitute for supervision by someone who knows what they're doing, so we can't help you with this potentially dangerous project. Please find someone near you who can help you with this. Perhaps check out the local community colleges, for example, to see if they have any cryogenic setups in their labs that you could learn from.

Thread will remain closed.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook