Where I can find information on the Wireless Networking abilities of my laptop

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 3K views
Darth Frodo
Messages
211
Reaction score
1
Hi guys, I need to do a project for college

Does anyone know where I can find information on the Wireless Networking abilities of my laptop? Can some be found in the control panel? Can I find some online?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Try the brand website for your laptop to find the make of your wireless card then you try a specific search for whatever make it is.

Good luck with the project.
 
Start -> right click My Computer -> Manage -> click on Device Manager on the left.

Expand "Network Adapters" and now you can double click on your wireless card and see the model, what Wifi protocols it supports (like b/g/n) and like cake of doom suggested, you can go to the manufacturer's website and learn more about it...