How can I find my WEP key on an existing wireless network?

  • Thread starter Thread starter FredGarvin
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Network Wireless
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 4K views
Science Advisor
Messages
5,097
Reaction score
11
I set up my wireless network some time ago. I want to add a recently purchased PS3 to my network, but I can not find my WEP key. Is there any way to track this down on my existing network?

Thanks.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
FredGarvin said:
I set up my wireless network some time ago. I want to add a recently purchased PS3 to my network, but I can not find my WEP key. Is there any way to track this down on my existing network?

Thanks.

Go into your router admin area
 
Yes, type your router's ip address into the address bar in your web browser.
If your not sure on what your router's ip address is open up cmd and type ipconfig /all .
Now that you have accessed the router, use the instructions to navigate your way to wireless settings or something along those lines.
 
In your internet browser type 192.168.1.1 for most routers, or 192.168.0.1 for others.

Default password is usually "admin" or "password"