Where to buy cheap plastic lenses?

In summary, the best place to find cheap plastic lenses is online, specifically on websites like Amazon, eBay, or discount retailers like Walmart or Target. Reputable online stores that sell affordable plastic lenses include Zenni Optical, EyeBuyDirect, and GlassesUSA. It is unlikely that you will find cheap plastic lenses at your eye doctor's office, but it's worth asking about discounts or promotions. Buying in bulk or using insurance coverage may also help you get a cheaper price. To ensure good quality, research the retailer or seller, read customer reviews, and compare prices from multiple sources.
glueball8
Hi, does anyone know where to buy cheap plastic lenses online? I need lenses of 0.8-1.2mm diameter and 5-50mm F.L.

Thanks

Science news on Phys.org
glueball8 said:
Hi, does anyone know where to buy cheap plastic lenses online? I need lenses of 0.8-1.2mm diameter and 5-50mm F.L.

Thanks

Have you looked at Edmund Scientific?

berkeman said:
Have you looked at Edmund Scientific?

Yes.

You might also try Thorlabs, Melles Griot, or Newport.

Thanks

1. Where can I find the cheapest plastic lenses?

The best place to find cheap plastic lenses is online. You can check out websites like Amazon, eBay, or discount retailers like Walmart or Target. You can also visit local thrift stores or dollar stores, as they may carry affordable plastic lenses.

2. Are there any reputable online stores that sell cheap plastic lenses?

Yes, there are many reputable online stores that offer affordable plastic lenses. Some popular options include Zenni Optical, EyeBuyDirect, and GlassesUSA. Be sure to read customer reviews and check for return policies before making a purchase.

3. Can I get cheap plastic lenses at my eye doctor's office?

It is unlikely that you will find cheap plastic lenses at your eye doctor's office. Eye doctors typically carry higher quality and more expensive lenses. However, they may offer discounts or promotions on lenses, so it's always worth asking.

4. Are there any special deals or discounts for buying plastic lenses in bulk?

Yes, many online retailers offer discounts for buying plastic lenses in bulk. You can also check with your local eye care provider to see if they offer any bulk discounts. Additionally, some insurance plans may cover the cost of plastic lenses, so it's worth checking with your provider.

5. How can I ensure that I am getting good quality plastic lenses at a cheap price?

To ensure that you are getting good quality plastic lenses at a cheap price, make sure to research the retailer or seller before making a purchase. Look for customer reviews and check the return policy. It's also a good idea to compare prices from multiple sources to ensure you are getting the best deal.