Where to find 9 WO Class B shaded pole motor in Canada

  • Thread starter Thread starter Pigeu
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Motor Pole
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
6 replies · 3K views
Pigeu
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Hello,

I'm looking for a shaded pole motor manufactured by Electric Motors & Specs.

9 WO
Class B
115 Volts
60 HZ
1550 RPM

Does anyone know where this part can be found? I live in Canada. Thanks!
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
This is a very rare 4-pole shaded pole motor. Usually they are 2-pole 3100 RPM. I once had a phonograph turntable that ran off a 4-pole motor like this. The only thing that can go wrong with these is the motor coil. What was yours used for and what happened to it?

Bob S
 
If both motors are 9 watts, the replacement is ok. Note that 0.53 amps at 115 volts is 61 volt-amps, which is a lot more than the rated 9 watts. Make sure it has proper air cooling. If you need to reverse this motor, just take it apart and reassemble with the armature pointed in the opposite direction. Yours is .6 amps, or was .6 amps?

Bob S
 
I have no idea?? My broken motor says .6amps and the one in the link says .53amps. I don't know what any of these numbers mean.. is it ok to replace it with the one in the link?
 
Pigeu said:
I have no idea?? My broken motor says .6amps and the one in the link says .53amps. I don't know what any of these numbers mean.. is it ok to replace it with the one in the link?
Why is your motor broken? Bob S
 
I don't know what happened to it... I don't plan to fix it or anything. I'd like to replace it, but having difficulty finding the right one.