Where to Find A Cheap LCD Screen

• Thread starter RiseAgainst
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Lcd Screen
In summary, the conversation revolves around finding a good deal on a LCD screen for building a digital photo frame as a gift for Mother's Day. The person is having trouble finding a screen for a good price, besides eBay, and is looking for a size larger than 6 inches. A suggestion is made to check out a website, but there is confusion as to why the screen is cheap, which is later clarified to be because it is monochrome. Another suggestion is given to check out a "China Town" area for potentially cheaper electronics.
RiseAgainst
I want to build a digital photo frame for my Mom for mothers day. I need to buy a lcd screen and can't find one for a good price. Where (other than ebay) could I find a good deal on a screen? I am looking for a size bigger than 6".

Computer science news on Phys.org
I just found this website http://store.earthlcd.com/EG9013FNZ1-SALE-?sc=7&category=173"
Why is this so cheap?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's monochrome. (Black and white.)

- Warren

If you live near a large/good "China Town" I'd look there. I can find cheaper electronics related stuff in China Town than I can online usually.

1. How can I find a cheap LCD screen?

There are several ways to find a cheap LCD screen. One option is to shop around and compare prices at different electronics stores. Another option is to look for sales or discounts online, such as on websites like Amazon or eBay. You can also consider buying a used or refurbished LCD screen, which may be significantly cheaper than buying a new one.

2. Are there any specific brands or models that are known for being cheaper?

Some brands and models may be known for being cheaper than others, but this can vary depending on the current market and availability. It's important to do your own research and compare prices from different brands and models to find the best deal for your needs.

3. Can I trust buying a cheap LCD screen?

In general, it is safe to buy a cheap LCD screen as long as you do your research and purchase from a reputable seller. It's important to read reviews and check the return policy before making a purchase to ensure the quality of the product.

4. Are there any trade-offs or downsides to buying a cheap LCD screen?

There may be trade-offs or downsides to buying a cheap LCD screen, such as lower picture quality or a shorter lifespan compared to a more expensive model. It's important to carefully consider your needs and budget before making a purchase.

5. Are there any tips for finding the best deal on a cheap LCD screen?

Some tips for finding the best deal on a cheap LCD screen include comparing prices from different sellers, keeping an eye out for sales or discounts, and considering factors such as warranty and return policy. It may also be helpful to read reviews and ask for recommendations from friends or online forums.