Where to find engineering drawings?

• Thread starter AhmedHesham
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Engineering
In summary, the person is a first year engineering student from Egypt and is looking for educational and detailed engineering drawings for various objects, such as bridges and smartphones. They have found some drawings in books but are still in need of more. They mention using Google Images and using the phrase "service manual" in a regular Google search to find engineering drawings. They also mention searching for CAD models.
AhmedHesham
Hi
I'm a first year engineering student from Egypt. It's known that as physics is understood in the language of mathematics engineering is understood in the language of drawing. And since I am an engineering student I was searching for educational and detailed engineering drawings for nearly everything I see from bridges to smart phones.

I saw a lot of drawings in books. But I still need more. Consider a fridge for example. I want the detailed drawings needed by a manufacturer or made by a designer. I know they may not be available. But how can I solve my understanding problem. I am also searching for CAD models.
Thanks

Engineering news on Phys.org
You can probably use Google Images and good search terms to find lots of engineering drawings. Also, in a regular Google search, you can use the phrase service manual. When I did a Google search on service manual refrigerator, I got lots of good hits. Here's one:

http://www.cagrimmett.com/justanswer/LGf.pdf

Last edited:
Likes Lnewqban and jedishrfu
berkeman said:
You can probably use Google Images and good search terms to find lots of engineering drawings. Also, in a regular Google search, you can use the phrase service manual. When I did a Google search on service manual refrigerator, I got lots of good hits. Here's one:

http://www.cagrimmett.com/justanswer/LGf.pdf
Yes. that's a good one

Likes berkeman

1. Where can I find engineering drawings online?

Engineering drawings can be found online through various websites such as the manufacturer's website, engineering databases, and online marketplaces. You can also try searching through search engines using specific keywords related to the type of engineering drawing you are looking for.

2. How can I access engineering drawings from a specific company?

You can access engineering drawings from a specific company by visiting their website or contacting their customer service department. Many companies also have online portals or databases where you can search and download engineering drawings.

3. Are there any free sources for engineering drawings?

Yes, there are some free sources for engineering drawings such as government websites, open-source databases, and online forums. However, the availability and accuracy of these drawings may vary.

4. Can I request engineering drawings directly from the manufacturer?

Yes, you can request engineering drawings directly from the manufacturer. Many companies have a customer service department or a designated point of contact for such requests. Keep in mind that there may be a fee for requesting these drawings.

5. How can I obtain hard copies of engineering drawings?

Hard copies of engineering drawings can be obtained by contacting the manufacturer or a third-party printing service. You may also be able to print them yourself if you have access to a large format printer. Keep in mind that there may be copyright restrictions for printing and distributing these drawings.