Whether to sell my Science and Nature journal hardcopies

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 2K views
minimal
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
Hi all - I have a few questions.

Well, one, actually. So I have about 10 years (2000-2010) worth of hardcopy Science, Nature, and Nature Medicine journals, each. I was thinking of selling these, but I'm not sure if there is a market for them. I have been checking ebay for a while and I don't see any scientific peer reviewed journals at all.
Do you think there's a market? What do you think I should sell them for? Do you think I should sell them as one collection (10 years) per journal? Or yearly, or monthly?

Thanks

Oh yeah I also have the journal Drugs but I figured no one would want that.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Really? My graduate advisor just dumped on us tons of copies of books of journal articles. He said do whatever you want with them. I don't know if anyone will be willing to buy that, given that all the faculty, students, and most researchers may have already access to those major journals (hence get an electronic copy).
 
" I don't know if anyone will be willing to buy that, given that all the faculty, students, and most researchers may have already access to those major journals (hence get an electronic copy)."

Yes I thought the same, but I figured most people don't have the original hard copy. I can't tell from your post whether or not you have copy printouts, or the actual original journals themselves. And yeah, the market would be limited to people that either

a) want an original physical copy as opposed to electronic
or
b) are interested in science but have no access to peer reviewed journals

ah well I'll probably just throw a few individual copies up and see if they sell
 
Who knows. Perhaps a collector might want them, but bound books are quickly losing their value.
 
Maybe contact those whose articles appear, and point them towards your eBay auction? ;-)

Okay, so they probably already have one, and grungy / crumpled up copies aren't likely to sell (but new or mint would probably do decently!)