1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Which applied physics concentration to pick?

1. Jun 8, 2009 #1
    sorry i already made a similar topic before but i didnt get any response so i decided to be more specific. i am an applied physics major freshman. i have to pick a concentration of studies but i dont know what to pick.

what are some possible career paths for dual majoring in applied physics/applied math?

concentration in biophysics?

optical science and engineering?

the reason i picked applied physics is because i love physics and couldnt decide which engineering i want to major in.

on random note,i want to participate in something like google x lunar prize in the future.but i dont want to change my major or dual major in computer science or study atrophysics..

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 8, 2009 #2
    Well, most likely not astro physics for that, you would need something like an aerospace engineer, electrical engineer etc. I do not really see how astro would be useful at all for landing a vehicle on the moon...

4. Jun 8, 2009 #3
    well, i did say i dont want to study atro so..thats no problem. but i do not want to change my major so EE and AE is out of the question. unless i study applied physics and math then get masters in engineering...

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook