1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Which courses would suit my interests in college?

1. Jul 8, 2013 #1
    I want to have a career in development and creation of new technologies and devices (preferably for medicinal purposes).Kind of like Bio-engineering and nanotechnology combined.I am about to complete high school with Non-medical.People have got me quite confused about what should I do now.I searched around and looked up courses like Biotechnology,bio-engineering,engineering physics,bio-medical engineering.I thought these courses might be related to what I want to do.But I asked a couple of people they suggested that I take come core subjects like physics and/or computer science.They will get me in a strong position for any graduate program.They said courses like bio-engineering and engineering physics expose the students to a lot of topics,but they don't specialize in any particular one.now I am confused as to what should I do.Should I take courses like Biotechnology,engineering physics etc. or the common ones like computer science,physics.Given my interests and knowledge please advice me about the best UG programs for me.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 8, 2013 #2
    That doesn't make any sense. A BS in Bioengineering is a lot more specialized than a BS in physics or CS. But in general a BS in any subject isn't going to specialize in anything in particular other than giving you a basic understanding of the field in which you received your degree.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook