Which forum to choose for a post?

• Thread starter mcastillo356
  • Start date
In summary, for questions related to variable-mass systems, it is recommended to post in the Introductory Physics Homework Help forum if it involves problem-solving and calculations based on physical laws. However, for help understanding underlying physical principles, the Classical Physics forum would be more appropriate. Posting in the wrong forum may result in being asked to repost in the correct forum.
mcastillo356
Gold Member
Hello, whitch forum must I choose to make a question about variable-mass sistems?: Introductory Physics Homework Help, or Classical Physics?
Thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
If you have a problem to solve, something that has an answer that can be calculated from the laws of physics, it belongs in the homework help section. This is true whether it's assigned as part of formal classwork or not.

If you want help understanding te underlying physical principles, then it belongs in Classical.

Nothing awful will happen if you post in the wrong forum - worst outcome is that we ask you to report in the other firum after we've seen the post.

Last edited:
Thank you, Nurgatory!

Likes berkeman

1. What factors should I consider when choosing a forum for my post?

When choosing a forum for your post, you should consider the topic and audience of your post, the rules and guidelines of the forum, the level of activity and engagement on the forum, and the reputation and credibility of the forum.

2. How do I know if a forum is relevant to my post?

A forum is relevant to your post if it covers the same topic or related topics as your post. You can also check the categories and sub-forums of the forum to see if your post fits within any of them.

3. Is it better to post on a popular forum or a niche forum?

It depends on your post and its intended audience. If you want your post to reach a larger audience, a popular forum may be better. However, if your post is specific to a certain niche, a niche forum may attract a more targeted and engaged audience.

4. Can I post the same content on multiple forums?

It is generally not recommended to post the same content on multiple forums as it can be seen as spamming. However, if your post is relevant to multiple forums and you make sure to tailor it to each forum's guidelines and audience, it may be acceptable.

5. How can I ensure my post gets noticed on a forum?

To increase the chances of your post getting noticed on a forum, make sure to follow the forum's guidelines, use an attention-grabbing title, and engage with other users by commenting and responding to their posts. It's also helpful to post at a time when the forum is most active.