Which metal platings produce 100% reflection like a mirror?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
Biniamin Piash
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Which metal platings on glass will provide 100% reflection as a mirror?
In which case we will get an brighter image than the actual one in mirror?And in which case it will be darker?Which metal(used for platings) will absorb a very little amount of ray? Can anyone give the explanation?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Biniamin Piash said:
Which metal platings on glass will provide 100% reflection as a mirror?
In which case we will get an brighter image than the actual one in mirror?And in which case it will be darker?Which metal(used for platings) will absorb a very little amount of ray? Can anyone give the explanation?
What reading have you been doing so far about mirror surfaces and reflection? Can you post some links to that reading, and ask specific questions about which parts you don't understand? :smile:
 
berkeman said:
What reading have you been doing so far about mirror surfaces and reflection? Can you post some links to that reading, and ask specific questions about which parts you don't understand? :smile:
I didn't read anything about it recently.I just thought about it.
I heard that every metal(which is used for coating) absorbs some ray,thats why they can't give 100% reflection.So,I want to know which metal can give maximum reflection?And do the coating have any impact on image?
 
Biniamin Piash said:
I didn't read anything about it recently.I just thought about it.
I heard that every metal(which is used for coating) absorbs some ray,thats why they can't give 100% reflection.So,I want to know which metal can give maximum reflection?And do the coating have any impact on image?
It's always best here at the PF to do some reading first, and then ask specific questions about your reading if you don't understand something. That's a good way to learn about new things. Especially with the Internet, it is easy to find good articles to do initial reading. Have a look at this Wikipedia article to see if it is a good starting point to learn more about how reflection works:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mirror

:smile: