Which Mirrors and Lenses Produce Virtual Images?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bk8907
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
Bk8907
Messages
19
Reaction score
0
I Need Immediate Help!

Homework Statement



Q: Which of the following produce VIRTUAL images on the same side as the object?

a. Convex mirror b.Concave mirror c. Plane mirror d. Convex LENS e.none of these

Homework Equations





The Attempt at a Solution



I know it's not "c" because plane mirrors ONLY prduece images on the opposite side of the mirror. But, I think it is either "b" or "e"
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Bk8907 said:

Homework Statement



Q: Which of the following produce VIRTUAL images on the same side as the object?

a. Convex mirror b.Concave mirror c. Plane mirror d. Convex LENS e.none of these

Homework Equations





The Attempt at a Solution



I know it's not "c" because plane mirrors ONLY prduece images on the opposite side of the mirror. But, I think it is either "b" or "e"

How does a magnifying glass work? What sort of optics does that use?