Which room contains the greater mass of air?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 4K views
pentazoid
Messages
142
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement



Rooms A and B are the same size and are connected by an open door. Room A however, is warmer(perhaps because its windows face the sun). Which room containks the grater mass of air? explain carefully.


Homework Equations



PV=nRT, PV=NkT, N=Na*n


The Attempt at a Solution



Va=Vb=V. The problem didn't mention it but I am also going to assume both rooms have the same pressure, which is the atmospheric pressure. I think the key factor that will determine which room will have the larger mass is the number of moles, since you can multiply the number of moles by the molar mass to get the mass of a molecule or compound. Am I correct?
 
Physics news on Phys.org