Who Are My Favorite PFers and Why?

  • Thread starter Thread starter LightbulbSun
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
78 replies · 10K views
LightbulbSun
Messages
64
Reaction score
2
List your favorite PFers and state a reason why they're your favorite.

1. Russ Watters: The guy knows his stuff and he runs a good website.
2. Astronuc: I like his positive outlooks on life. I also enjoy his humility and honesty.
3. Moonbear: I like reading her commentary on women. I've learned a lot about some of the subtle stuff.

4. Turbo: Two words: HOT STUFF!
5. Jason Rox: He has some rational perspectives on the nature of relationships. I wish he'd write a book about it.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
1. LightbulbSun : because I wonder how many PFers it takes to change one.
 
humanino said:
1. LightbulbSun : because I wonder how many PFers it takes to change one.

What?! Haha.
 
I like mathwonk because he is sooo funny.

And Russ because he is rational.
 
I can't imagine any good way to respond to this without accidently leaving someone out and hurting someone's feelings.
 
wildman said:
I like mathwonk because he is sooo funny.

And Russ because he is rational.

I like Russ because he's soooo funny.

And mathwonk because he's rational.
 
wildman said:
I like mathwonk because he is sooo funny.

And Russ because he is rational.

Didn't mathwonk win the Funniest PF Member Award a couple of years ago?
 
LightbulbSun said:
Didn't mathwonk win the Funniest PF Member Award a couple of years ago?
No...
 
Evo said:
I can't imagine any good way to respond to this without accidently leaving someone out and hurting someone's feelings.

You're right, Evo - although I find jimmysnyder to be funniest.
 
LightbulbSun said:
Who won it then?
Cyrus and Pengwuino.
 
Evo said:
Cyrus and Pengwuino.

Ah, yeah, Cyrus is a funny person.
 
russ_watters said:
Thank you - I consider that a big compliment (though I have some female friends who would disagree).

They're just frustrated that you always point out their appeals to emotion and how you won't be swayed by such fallacious logic. :wink:
 
LightbulbSun said:
Ah, yeah, Cyrus is a funny person.

When I first started here at PF, I didn't understand Cyrus at all. Now I can't imagine this site without him! definitely one of my favorites...
 
LightbulbSun said:
Ah, yeah, Cyrus is a funny person.



WARNING: Language.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Cyrus said:


WARNING: Language.


I remember that scene. Good movie.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Dunno, plenty of you.
The Oregonians
Danger
Cyrus (some form of love/hate relationship i think)
plenty of others
 
Woo whoo, did someone just turn up the heat in here, because it's getting mighty hott in here...
 
binzing said:
Dunno, plenty of you.
The Oregonians
Danger
Cyrus (some form of love/hate relationship i think)
plenty of others

The intenational members add a perspective not heard from the Americans. I value them - Europeans such as Humanino, Andre, Borek, Monique, many many others...and the numerous Brits. Then there's AhmedEzz (sp?) from Egypt - he hasn't been on for a while but I really enjoyed his point of view from the Middle East. The members from India...I love hearing from them.

The many younger people here, including you binzing...btw, where is Math Jeans these days?

More than I can even remember.

The members here, as a group, make this site really special.
 
Cyrus said:
WARNING: Language.
Considering how diverse the English language is, it is interesting to note, all those colorful expletives Joe Pesci's using are of Germanic origin (M.E. and O.E. middle and old English). None from Latin.
 
My favourite PFer is Evo. :-p

Oh and Greg.

And umm others too maybe.
 
Evo said:
I can't imagine any good way to respond to this without accidently leaving someone out and hurting someone's feelings.
Now I feel left out! :cry:
 
Evo said:
I can't imagine any good way to respond to this without accidently leaving someone out and hurting someone's feelings.

Plus - there are plenty of people that I could list, but there are also people that I meet somewhere on the forum and I liked their opinion or point of view - but I don't remember the nick. Some people are easier to remember because they are active and you see them all the time.

thus no names called, Even if I haVe my favOrites :wink: