Who can solve the probability of perturbation in simple harmonic oscillator

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 3K views
Youngwoo
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Pleae help me.
a),b),c) was already solved.
but question d) is not.
 
Attachments
  • probability of perturbation.JPG
    probability of perturbation.JPG
    35 KB · Views: 694
Physics news on Phys.org
I'm not 100% sure but maybe you have to find an expression for the perturbed wavefunction in the ground state and then use this to find the probability? Again, that is just my intuition, I may be completely wrong, but I'd be interested to see a solution.

Also just out of interest how did you do part (i)? I assume you use normalisation to find N, but how do you find alpha?
 
Tangent87 said:
I'm not 100% sure but maybe you have to find an expression for the perturbed wavefunction in the ground state and then use this to find the probability? Again, that is just my intuition, I may be completely wrong, but I'd be interested to see a solution.

Also just out of interest how did you do part (i)? I assume you use normalisation to find N, but how do you find alpha?

I attached my solution
 
Attachments
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    21.8 KB · Views: 700
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 542
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    13.6 KB · Views: 586