Who Else Considers Themselves Very Smart in This Forum?

• Thread starter IAmVerySmart
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation revolves around the topic of intelligence and how people perceive themselves and others to be "very smart." The participants discuss the limitations of IQ tests and how knowledge and intelligence can be subjective. They also touch on the importance of curiosity and a deeper understanding of subjects rather than just getting good grades.

Office_Shredder said:
I don't claim there is one for everybody, but I guarantee nobody thinks it's various methods of collecting carts
Read Confessions of a Crap Artist by Philip K Dick.

Sorry! said:
Now runs these forums... am I missing something here...
Terminator

Physics news on Phys.org

Andre said:
Did somebody call me? Sorry, bringing down the average on bears, but it's that very little brain and long words bother me.

Indeed, it would seem concern with intellect is strong amongst fictional bears.

Tangentially, looking at the quotes, I’ve wondered about the etymology of Winnie the Pooh’s name, and speculate it is a corruption of a child’s expression of bodily urge with nosism. I could speculate further that this expression of urge coincided to meet a question from A.A. Milne, such as, “ What name have you given to your bear?”.

Sorry! said:
Now runs these forums... am I missing something here...
Whowee said:
I think PF is quite smart.
PF is a thing.

fuzzyfelt said:
Indeed, it would seem concern with intellect is strong amongst fictional bears.

Tangentially, looking at the quotes, I’ve wondered about the etymology of Winnie the Pooh’s name, and speculate it is a corruption of a child’s expression of bodily urge with nosism. I could speculate further that this expression of urge coincided to meet a question from A.A. Milne, such as, “ What name have you given to your bear?”.

Ah, let me explain that. Well originally we were named Edward, although, a long time ago, last Friday, we lived by ourself in the forest under the name Sanders. Pooh was the name of a very old swan, and we took back this name, when the swan departed. The Winnie part may be related to the zoo, where the sign "way in" directed to Christopher Robin's favorite bear.

So we decided Edward Sanders should be changed using both other names, just in case one of the names was lost. The connecting word was originally 'ther'; Winnie-ther-Pooh but apparently nobody knew what 'ther' means, so that was not pursued.

So the question is really, was the swan name related to a certain noise associated with juvenile bodily urges, or was it the other way around?

DaveC426913 said:
Whowee said:

PF is a thing.

Hahaha I understood the terminator reference guys. I also knew what you were talking about as in PF being a thing. lol just messing around here

...wait. what?

Skynent knows when you're lying to it.

Andre said:
Ah, let me explain that. Well originally we were named Edward, although, a long time ago, last Friday, we lived by ourself in the forest under the name Sanders. Pooh was the name of a very old swan, and we took back this name, when the swan departed. The Winnie part may be related to the zoo, where the sign "way in" directed to Christopher Robin's favorite bear.

So we decided Edward Sanders should be changed using both other names, just in case one of the names was lost. The connecting word was originally 'ther'; Winnie-ther-Pooh but apparently nobody knew what 'ther' means, so that was not pursued.

So the question is really, was the swan name related to a certain noise associated with juvenile bodily urges, or was it the other way around?

:smile:Thanks for that. I knew not of the swan, that I remember, and I think I do have some distant recollection of 'ther' as a connecting word now, which of course sounds more like A.A. Milne or Christopher Robin, than the speculated 'da'.

Moonbear said:
I'm a very smart smart@$$. :biggrin:

I'll second that lol