Who I can find the displacement in this Q ?

  • Thread starter Thread starter r-soy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Displacement
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 2K views
r-soy
Messages
170
Reaction score
1
Hi all



who I can find the displacement in this Q ?



A jetliner lands with a speed of 90 m/s on runway . It runs with constant speed for 2 s , before the brakes are applied . The brakes produce a deceleration of 20 m/s2 . What is its displacement on the runway .



I try to solve



V0 = 90 m/s

t1 = 2s

x = V0 X t1 = 180 m

a = -20 m/s2



then I don't know who I complte it ?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Hi r-soy! :smile:

(btw, it's how (rhyming with now and Mao) not who (rhyming with new and you) :wink:)
r-soy said:
A jetliner lands with a speed of 90 m/s on runway . It runs with constant speed for 2 s , before the brakes are applied . The brakes produce a deceleration of 20 m/s2 . What is its displacement on the runway .

This is how …

The total displacement is the sum of the two displacements.

Your first displacement is ok.

For the second displacement, use one of the standard constant acceleration equations, with distance = s, acceleration = a = -20, u = 90, and v = 0. :wink:
 
see

Here I must find two displacement .
firist one I got it
now the secound now

I have Dx1 = 180 and a = -20, u = 90, and

by equat5ion constant I use v^2 = v0^2 = 2aDx
fainal velocity is 0 beacuse it will stop after using brake
now :
0 = 90^2 + 2(-20) Dx2
Dx2 = 202.5

Now collect two dispkacement : will get : 362.5 m
 
(try using the X2 tag just above the Reply box :wink:)

Yes, that's fine :smile:

(except 180 + 202.5 = 382.5 :wink:)
 
Hmm not sure what you guys are talking about..but il get it later.