Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Who is your favourite sitcom character?

1. Feb 17, 2006 #1

jimmy p

Gold Member

Mine is Kosmo Kramer from Seinfeld. I think he would be such a cool roommate, you would never be bored! But you would need to have polished wooden floors, because if he couldn't slide through doors or fall over, it's half the fun gone.

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 17, 2006 #2
    I just started watching seinfeld about 2 months ago or so, and I would have to agree: Kramer is awesome!

4. Feb 17, 2006 #3

Pengwuino

Gold Member

kramer, is there really a competition?

5. Feb 17, 2006 #4

jimmy p

Gold Member

LOL, I don't think so, the only other characters that may come close for me are bit-characters in Seinfeld as well. Newman and Jackie Chiles.

"who told you to put the balm on?"

6. Feb 17, 2006 #5

Pengwuino

Gold Member

you should see some of the bloopers from that show with kramer involved.... oh my god he's funnier when he screws up then when he's actually doing his lines correctly.

7. Feb 17, 2006 #6

jimmy p

Gold Member

I have seen some bloopers from the earlier series, it is funny how everyone else is laughing and he just stays serious. Some of the bloopers are a scream, and the laughter is just infectious. I remember just laughing at them laughing and wondering why I was!

8. Feb 17, 2006 #7

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Adam - Northern Exposure

9. Feb 17, 2006 #8
    Possibly Kramer's uncle: Reverend Jim Ignatowski (Taxi).

10. Feb 17, 2006 #9
    I had the same reaction. Once described Kramer as the comic descendent of Jim on Taxi, but the person I was talking to didn't see it.

11. Feb 17, 2006 #10
    They have eyes but they do not see.

One of my favorite lines as Jim was talking to Alex in the men's lavatory, describing the time he hit rock bottom. "It was in a place just like this one. Except there were no sinks. No toilet stalls. No walls. Just sand, as far as the eye can see..."

12. Feb 17, 2006 #11
    The man's a poet.

13. Feb 17, 2006 #12
    G.O.B. Bluth. "I've made a huge mistake."

14. Feb 18, 2006 #13

G01

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Jim Halbert from the US version of The Office. I would love to help him think of pranks to play on Dwight.

15. Feb 18, 2006 #14
    God damn this is going to sound geeky :uhh:, Captain Piccard. That guys an awesome leader. He stands up for whats right and never backs down. You gotta respect that.

16. Feb 18, 2006 #15
    TNG ain't a sitcom, boy!

17. Feb 18, 2006 #16
    Oh, oops. Then it has to be IMM KOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSMO! (Your right its a way of life).........oh god did I just say that....................sighhhhh.

18. Feb 18, 2006 #17

JasonRox

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

I like Dan Scott from One Tree Hill.

Haven't been watching the third season much, but I have watched all of 1st and 2nd season. I normally just wait for the DVD's.

He owns everyone. It's awesome.

19. Feb 18, 2006 #18
    Really, though, there are huge numbers of great sitcom characters that rival Kramer. Woody, on Cheers, had some sublime moments. And there was great stuff by Norm and Cliff Claeven.

Just about every character on Friends took over at some point and became the comic star of an episode. I always especially liked Joey and Phoebe and Chandler, and Monica and Rachael and Ross.

Raymond, his parents and brother are always great, and for a while I was addicted to King of Queens.

I'm sure I'm forgetting someone important, though.

20. Feb 18, 2006 #19

JasonRox

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Of course...

Zack Morris - Saved by the Bell
    AC Slater - Saved by the Bell
    Screech - Saved by the Bell
    Joey - Full House
    Urkle? - Family Matters
    Eric Matthews - Boy Meets World
    Jimmy - Yes, Dear!
    Father - 8 Simple Rules

Yeah, lots of them.

21. Feb 18, 2006 #20

JasonRox

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Joey was the best hands down in my opinion.

I also liked the spin off show he had, but I stopped watching it just like I do with every show. I loved it though. I think it's cancelled now though.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?