Why angry women will not vote for McCain

• News
  • Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Women
In summary, much of what we've heard from angry voters in the last few days has been said in the heat of the moment. After the general election starts, especially after Obama contrasts himself with McCain, cooler heads will prevail.
seycyrus said:
By my modified count, it seems to be 4-3 more McCain McCain fact than Obama facts. Certainly don't see that *Most* of Obamas are not based on fact.
After the points about Obama and Michelle's angry militantism are rewritten so they are actually about Obama's church problem (which is a big issue) and Michelle's statement about her pride (which may also be a big deal, but no worse than Cindy's drug abuse/theft problems), then I admit that the list is more balanced.

Physics news on Phys.org
lisab said:
She was proud; now (for the first time) she's really proud. And this makes her militant? Quite a stretch. Not very logical.

Oh c'mon on now. In the one speech she just said "proud", not really proud. In the other, which came later, she said *really proud*.

Regardless, we're talking about the perception of her comments.

Are you on a one woman campaign to change this perception? If so, don't bother with me, I don't think Michelle is an ABW. You're wasting your energy.

You first posted,

Angry Black Wife - Very factually based. If she continues to make statements along the same lines that she made earlier, without modification, it will cost Obama a significant percentage of votes.

Now you say,

seycyrus said:
I don't think Michelle is an ABW.

My one-woman campaign must have worked :wink: !

lisab said:
You first posted,

Now you say,

My one-woman campaign must have worked :wink: !

Notice how her second speech was in fact, modified from the first. She must have read my post on PF and time traveled back.