It'll be cell carriers who will have to address this one, because I know I'll be insisting they reverse any and all airtime usage charges or fees if I start getting my airtime used up by telemarketers or charity calls. It's a whole different ballgame than calling landlines, where the caller pays for the call, not the person receiving it. On a landline, it's a nuisance, but I'm not paying if a charity calls. On a cellphone, it does use my airtime that I pay for in limited quantities based on my usage if someone calls me, so unless they start making airtime free for received calls, they're going to hear a lot of complaints letting such calls through. I had one phone where I got spam via text message. I made my carrier reverse the charge on every single one of those messages. I told them I wasn't going to pay just because their system didn't have a way to filter that crap out.