Why are MathJax images not displaying on my webpage?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
340 replies · 59K views
Why is my latex code not processed?
[itex]\frac{i \hbar t}{m}[\itex]<br /> [itex]\frac{i\hbart}{m}[\itex]<br /> [itex]\frac{i\hbar t}{m}[\itex][/itex][/itex][/itex]
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Juqon said:
Why is my latex code not processed?
Your closing itex tags are wrong. Use /, not \.
 
Juqon said:
As a start, you need to put some spaces in with that code. After 50 consecutive characters without a space, the processor will automatically insert a space.

By the way, you don't need the {} brackets when they surround a single character, i.e. t^{2} can be simply replaced with t^2. That will give you fewer brackets, and be easier to debug in case the numbers of {'s and }'s don't match.
 
Juqon said:
What the other two guys said. As an alternative to multiple tex tags, use the align environment. That will make the \\ code work. Like this: \begin{align}
a &= b\\
&=c
\end{align} Tex tags are actually not necessary when the latex code starts with a begin statement, and ends with the corresponding end statement.

Also, please don't post equations with lines that are that long. They are seriously annoying in a browser window. So please insert a few extra \\ to make the lines shorter.
 
Absolutely right, and the space broke the command \r ight.
And that with the new line separation was very motivating.
Very helpful, thanks!
 
Hello!
I am writing because I do not know how to write the following formula in MathJax

I have read this entire thread and information about extracurricular parentheses, but in this case it's not that simple.

Did you have problems with habits relating to of the old system?

What about tables? It is not possible to create them?

[itex]\small\overbrace{a,...,a}^{\mbox{k a's}}, \underbrace{b,...,b}_{\mbox{l b's}}\hspace{10} \large\underbrace{\overbrace{a...a}^{\mbox{k a's}}, \overbrace{b...b}^{\mbox{l b's}}}_{\mbox{k+l elements}}[/itex]

[itex]\small\overbrace{a,...,a}^{\mbox{k a's}}, \underbrace{b,...,b}_{\mbox{l b's}}\hspace{10pt} \large\underbrace{\overbrace{a...a}^{\mbox{k a's}}, \overbrace{b...b}^{\mbox{l b's}}}_{\mbox{k+l elements}}[/itex]


[itex]\left[ \frac{X}{Y}\right ][/itex]

On mathtex that gives
be8xnl.png
 
Last edited:
paul-g said:
I am writing because I do not know how to write the following formula in MathJax
You can't open with "tex" and close with "itex" or vice versa. You need to specify a unit for the hspace command. Note sure about the tables.

[tex]\small\overbrace{a,...,a}^{\mbox{k a's}}, \underbrace{b,...,b}_{\mbox{l b's}}\hspace{10pt} \large\underbrace{\overbrace{a...a}^{\mbox{k a's}}, \overbrace{b...b}^{\mbox{l b's}}}_{\mbox{k+l elements}}[/tex]
[tex]\left[ \frac{X}{Y}\right ][/tex]
 
The fact that I forgot to define the / hspace number of the unit, but it worked for MathTex.

Thank you anyway.

I will experiment a bit with the tables.