Why can't they make bras that fit right?

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Fit
In summary, the problem with bras is that they are designed for women with broader shoulders, which are not usually the case for women with feminine shoulders. The straps are positioned too close to the edge of the cup, which makes them difficult to wear and falls off often. There is a market for new, better bras, and designers should create them to fit the specific anatomy of the female body.
hypatia said:
That looks soooooooo not fun to wear!
The llama? You'd have to hollow it out first.

Physics news on Phys.org
Evo said:
In my teens I actually made (sewed) my own clothes. I never bought anything pre-made from a store, but then I was a hippie freak. NEVER considered myslef a hippie, we called ourselves freaks. If you called yourself a hippie, you weren't one. Anyway... If you listen to the Mothers, you know what I mean.
I always wanted to meet Suzie Creamcheese. :rofl: "Freak Out" was my first Mothers album (one of many), and I was fan of Don van Vliet, as well (Captain Beefheart). "Lick my Decals off, Baby"... the song titles those guys came up with - well, you had to be there. I've got Zappa's "Best Of" 2-CD set, but most of the tunes in that set are from his "commercial" period, so my favorite MOI songs are still on vinyl.

Danger said:
The llama? You'd have to hollow it out first.
She means the llama saddle. We're still looking for a good bra design.

Math Is Hard said:
The Victoria's Secret IPEX tech forum..

http://www.slate.com/id/2139801/

:rofl:
I have no idea what the Victoria Secret Wireless IPEX is, but this sounds like a real problem:

I'm having trouble with the DreamGirl app, which is supposed to adjust the size and shape of my breasts in response to pupil dilation, pulse rate, and body temperature of the nearest adult male. Works OK except when I'm walking my Great Dane, Soren, they take the shape of T-bone steaks which is painful...

DaveC426913 said:
She means the llama saddle. We're still looking for a good bra design.
Well, that's kind of a dumb approach then. She needs a camel saddle; llamas don't have humps.

Danger said:
Well, that's kind of a dumb approach then. She needs a camel saddle; llamas don't have humps.
And Bactrian, please, not Dromedary. Sometimes, I think the "push-up" designers have the Dromedary model in mind.

Last edited:
All seriousness aside, Evo, have you considered going for a proper fitting?

I would be more than happy to provide you with such. Pick a weekend when W is out of town. :biggrin:

DaveC426913 said:
All seriousness aside, Evo, have you considered going for a proper fitting?
The proper fitting is about getting the proper cup size, which isn't as easy as you'd think. Depending on the design and manufacturer, I usually wear a "D", but some are loose and some are tight. :devil: This is about dumb design for shoulder strap placement. :grumpy:

Evo said:
The proper fitting is about getting the proper cup size, which isn't as easy as you'd think. Depending on the design and manufacturer, I usually wear a "D", but some are loose and some are tight. :devil: This is about dumb design for shoulder strap placement. :grumpy:
That's another annoyance entirely! For something where there are actual definitions for the sizes, why is it that every manufacturer's sizes are STILL different! :grumpy: And, "real" women are not all perfectly symmetrical either, so it's possible to be too loose and too tight at the same time. Maybe if I just give up wearing one now, I can eventually just sling 'em over my shoulder, which seems to be where some of the manufacturers think they need to shoved up to anyway. :rolleyes:

Moonbear said:
Maybe if I just give up wearing one now, I can eventually just sling 'em over my shoulder, which seems to be where some of the manufacturers think they need to shoved up to anyway. :rolleyes:
:rofl: :rofl:

Moonbear said:
Maybe if I just give up wearing one now, I can eventually just sling 'em over my shoulder, which seems to be where some of the manufacturers think they need to shoved up to anyway. :rolleyes:
hee hee
You are reminding me of a song we used to sing as kids...

Do your boobs hang low?
Do they wobble to and fro?
Can you tie 'em in a knot?
Can you tie 'em in a bow?
Can you sling 'em o'er your shoulder
Like a continental soldier?
Do your boobs.. hang.. low?

I think the original song was about ears but we all thought our version was funnier. :biggrin:

Ok, on that note, let's LOCK this puppy while we still have a smattering of dignity left...:biggrin:

lunarmansion said:
Amen!
But men will never understand what women go through regarding clothing.
Now what would tribdog or Danger do? :biggrin:

And women will never understand what men go through getting past the clothing.

For men, it's those bloody clasps that don't get undone. :rofl:

Astronuc said:
For men, it's those bloody clasps that don't get undone. :rofl:
And people think that I'm weird because I carry a set of side-cutters everwhere...:rolleyes:

Math Is Hard said:
hee hee
You are reminding me of a song we used to sing as kids...

Do your boobs hang low?
Do they wobble to and fro?
Can you tie 'em in a knot?
Can you tie 'em in a bow?
Can you sling 'em o'er your shoulder
Like a continental soldier?
Do your boobs.. hang.. low?

I think the original song was about ears but we all thought our version was funnier. :biggrin:
Somehow that sounded too familiar. A quick Google turned this up:

http://www.i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=11327

DaveC426913, where did you leave the "smattering of dignity"? I looked all over and couldn't find it.:rofl:

Last edited: