Why Do Fathers Experience Premature Graying?

• Thread starter dlgoff
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Hair
In summary: but mostly because it's funny to see people's reactions when they realize that even though they might look "old", they're still pretty darn young when it comes to life experiences.fortunately my daughter inherited some of my fear of heights/falling ( self preservation) and she is very happy with just doing lots of mountain trail hikes
My daughter called wishing me a happy Thanksgiving day. She informed me that she now has almost 550 logged flying hours and has 6 students that she is teaching to fly.

Likes Borg and berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
@berkeman I asked my daughter what she wanted to do after she gets her BS in Aviation & Aerospace Science (for pilots) and she said she'd like to work in the medical field flying patients.

• Care
Likes berkeman
That is awesome, Don. I remember an amazing and touching book or video series about such a pilot up north somewhere -- I'll see if I can find it for her.

Likes dlgoff
My mother took an air ambulance to be repatriated after a fall overseas. I believe it was six stops, five scheduled, and one because of a refueling issue. These planes do not have much range. She'll be spending lots of time in places like Happy Valley/Goose Bay and Keflavik.

Likes dlgoff
You might get her a parka as a graduation gift. "Happy Valley" is called that because it sounds better than "The Fourth Coldest City in Canada".

• Haha
Likes Tom.G and dlgoff
It's been a while since I posted in this thread, but I thought I'd let you all know that I got this in an email from my daughter:

... I’m also going to start my own multi-engine training here soon.

• Wow
Likes collinsmark
Well, on the upside, a multi-engine plane has more redundancy and therefore better reliability... :smile:

• Love
Likes Vanadium 50, collinsmark and dlgoff
Multi-engine?

So, this 747 has an engine flame out. The captain gets on the intercom ans says "As some of you have seen, we lost an engine. There's no need to worry. This plane can fly perfectly well on three engines. Besides, there are four bishops on board, and I'm sure the good Lord won't let anything happen to them."

A passenger chimes in "All the same, I'd rather we had four engines and three bishops."

• Haha
Likes marcusl, dlgoff and berkeman