Why Does My Computer Mouse Do This?

• Thread starter LightbulbSun
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Computer
In summary, during the summer, the conversation participants experience issues with their computer mouse stalling every five seconds and not responding when clicked on. This problem seems to be related to using a wireless mouse and can potentially be solved by moving the receiver/transmitter closer to the mouse. The issue causes frustration and difficulty when editing long paragraphs. The participants are trying to fix the problem by keeping the receiver/transmitter directly under the mouse.
LightbulbSun
It seems like every summer my computer mouse will stall every five seconds, then when I move the mouse off the mouse pad and move it around the mouse on the screen will start to function again. Then it will stall off the mouse pad, so I have to move it back on the mouse pad to make it work again. That's not the only issue though. Every now and then when I click on something it won't do anything, so I have to click on it several times before it starts functioning again. I'm not sure why this only happens during the summer time, but it is very frustrating.

Computer science news on Phys.org
Get a new mouse.

Is it wired or wireless?

Sounds like it's probably a wireless mouse. If it is, try moving the receiver/transmitter closer to the mouse and see if the problem stops. I've run into a few keyboards and mice that don't respond very well, where every so often you have to hit a button twice to get it to register. Made editing long paragraphs really fun.:mad:

Ok, the receiver/transmitter was sliding away a bit so I moved it directly under my mouse. I'll see how this goes.

1. Why does my computer mouse move erratically?

There could be several reasons for this issue, including a dirty or damaged mouse sensor, interference from nearby electronic devices, or a low battery. Try cleaning the mouse, moving it to a different location, or replacing the battery to see if the issue improves.

2. Why does my mouse cursor disappear?

This could be caused by a variety of factors, such as a driver issue, a loose connection, or a malfunctioning mouse. Try updating the mouse driver, checking the connection, or replacing the mouse to resolve the issue.

3. Why does my mouse double-click instead of single-click?

This is a common issue with aging or worn out mouse buttons. The switch inside the mouse may be worn out and registering multiple clicks instead of a single one. Try using a different mouse or replacing the worn out switch to fix the problem.

4. Why does my mouse scroll in the opposite direction?

This issue can occur if the mouse settings have been changed or if there is a problem with the scroll wheel. Check the mouse settings to ensure that the scrolling direction is set correctly. If the issue persists, the scroll wheel may need to be cleaned or replaced.

5. Why does my mouse pointer move on its own?

This can happen if there is debris or dust on the mouse sensor, or if there is a problem with the mouse driver. Try cleaning the sensor or updating the driver to see if the issue improves. If not, there may be a hardware problem with the mouse that requires replacement.