Why is 2 sexes so common in nature?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Another God
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Nature
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
31 replies · 7K views
Originally posted by StarkyDee
using more than 10% of our brain
We use all of our brain.
 
Biology news on Phys.org
Originally posted by Tyro
Asexual reproduction IIRC, as described during my biology lectures [zz)] will not produce the same level of genetic diversity as sexual reproduction.

I said:
I'll say this a few more times, because no one seems to have caught onto it yet: You don't need to have two sexes in order for meiosis => recombination to occur.

Sexual reproduction can be done without need of two exclusive sexes. Why are 2 sexes so predominant?
IOW: I am not talking about asexual reproduction.

For a start you may need a more complicated genetic structure
That isn't necessarily true