Why is coffee such a popular drink among scientists?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ehrenfest
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Coffee
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
66 replies · 15K views
I love coffee. Been cutting it to 50% decaf (or more) for about the last 8 years, just so I can drink more of it.

Best coffee I know of is at Small World Cafe in Princeton, NJ. Second best coffee is what I make at home.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Redbelly98 said:
I love coffee. Been cutting it to 50% decaf (or more) for about the last 8 years, just so I can drink more of it.

Best coffee I know of is at Small World Cafe in Princeton, NJ. Second best coffee is what I make at home.

What kind of coffee do you use to make it at home??
 
I get whole been Sumatra (reg & decaf) at a local health food store.

Not trying to lay any claims to greatness, it's more a comment on coffee that gets served in most restaurants, convenient stores, fast food places, etc.
 
Oh, ok, I'll have to try it out sometime, but I'm not much for the decaf, though, it still has the same effects on me, lol.
 
Evo said:
I'm one of those people that is not affected by caffeine. Since I was young, I have always had a cup of coffee just before going to bed because I find it relaxing.

At work, I often make the coffee with decaf because there is much more of it. I just don't tell anyone. Funny, everyone gets the same "buzz" off the decaf as they do with regular. :smile: People will actually be drinking the decaf I made and talking about how they can't drink decaf because of the flavor. :smile: <snort>

I know, I get my kicks deceiving people.

This doesn't surprise me, actually. Sounds like a text-book case of classical conditioning. I know that as of right now, being the end of semester, I've been drinking coffee breakfast-lunch-dinner, and that morning cup seems to have effects earlier than seems really possible for the caffeine to enter my bloodstream.

I also love coffee, and am in no way picky, except when it comes to price. So I drink Wal-Mart coffee, black w/ roughly twice the grinds suggested. Starbucks is redonkulously overpriced.
 
Starbucks is really expensive, and yet it tastes so good. I had some of it today actually :biggrin: YUMMY, and it makes me so hyper!
 
Java Monster FTW (For the Win)

I Look like this on it :smile::approve::cool::bugeye::eek::rolleyes::-p :biggrin: