Is it common for people to drink tea/coffee to boost their performance?

  • Thread starter Thread starter kntsy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Boost performance
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
33 replies · 8K views
QuarkCharmer said:
I always dreaded mornings, had trouble getting up when my clock went off. I was frequently up late at night, because that is when I would get most of my work done. I started a regular exercise program, and I feel much better. I get up when prompted, feel that I accomplish much more during the day, and get to sleep with relative ease.

One other thing to help the waking up process: actually get out of bed right when you wake up. Don't roll around even for a minute. I read this in a health magazine a while back (sounds reliable I know...but I'll try to find the source) and I do it to this day. The second my alarm goes off I jump out of bed. I feel more alert within 30 seconds of this than within half an hour if I roll around for 10-15 minutes before crawling out of bed.
 
Biology news on Phys.org
I can see that. When I hop out of bed a bit late (without snoozing etc) I always feel very awake after a few seconds while I am rushing to get dressed and out the door.
 
Ryker said:
Hmm, this may seem a bit of an odd question, but are you into bodybuilding/lifting weights? :smile:

Not even a little bit. I'm just not a morning person.

contramundum said:
Yes, read this article if you would like to know more.

http://www.brainready.com/blog/less_coffee_more_espresso.html

That's the first I've heard about it, and it's definitely a point in favor of espresso over pills or powder. I might have to give it a try.