Will this be enough preparation for Spivak's Calculus book?

In summary, to prepare for Spivak's Calculus book it is important to have a strong foundation in algebra, trigonometry, and basic calculus concepts such as limits, derivatives, and integrals. It is recommended to spend several weeks reviewing and practicing these concepts before starting the book. There are also many online resources and practice problems available to help with preparation. If struggling, seeking out a tutor or study group and breaking down concepts into smaller pieces can be helpful.
Rijad Hadzic
Reading through a bit the book seems nothing like what I learned in uni (Stewarts calculus)

Will

"Book of Proof" By Hammack --> "Basic Mathematics" by Lang

be enough preparation for Calculus by Spivak?

Thanks.

Likes The Bill
Physics news on Phys.org
Rijad Hadzic said:
Reading through a bit the book seems nothing like what I learned in uni (Stewarts calculus)

Will

"Book of Proof" By Hammack --> "Basic Mathematics" by Lang

be enough preparation for Calculus by Spivak?

Thanks.

Since you already know calculus, second book shouldn't be required.

hammack might help, probably not lang.

1. Will my high school calculus course be enough preparation for Spivak's Calculus book?

It depends on the rigor and depth of your high school calculus course. Spivak's Calculus is known for being a very challenging and rigorous textbook, so if your high school course was not particularly challenging, you may need to do extra preparation.

2. What topics should I review before starting Spivak's Calculus book?

You should have a strong understanding of algebra, trigonometry, and basic calculus concepts such as limits, derivatives, and integrals. It would also be helpful to review precalculus topics such as functions, graphs, and equations.

3. How much time should I dedicate to preparing for Spivak's Calculus book?

This will vary depending on your current level of understanding and the amount of time you have available. However, it is recommended to spend at least several weeks reviewing and practicing basic calculus concepts before starting Spivak's book.

4. Are there any online resources or practice problems that can help me prepare for Spivak's Calculus book?

Yes, there are many online resources and practice problems available. You can find review materials and practice problems on websites such as Khan Academy, Paul's Online Math Notes, and MathIsFun.

5. What can I do if I am struggling with understanding the material in Spivak's Calculus book?

If you are having trouble understanding the material, it may be helpful to seek out a tutor or join a study group. You can also try breaking down the concepts into smaller, more manageable pieces and practicing with a variety of problems. Don't be afraid to ask for help from your teacher or peers if you are struggling.