Windows Application event help.

In summary, the code would look something like this:private:System::Void btnEnter_Click(System::Object * sender, System::EventArgs * e){ if (!this->IsEnabled)return; this->Focus();}
sweetjones
Hello, I am trying to learn Windows API on my own and I'm having a little trouble. I made an "Enter" button and all I want to do is basically when the user is finished with one textbox, when they press the "Enter" button that I created, i want the cursor to go to the next textbox. I've been looking for something like a tab event, but I can't seem to find such an event, or I don't know what code to put in the function. All I have is this:
private: System::Void btnEnter_Click(System::Object * sender, System::EventArgs * e)
{

}
Can anyone help me please? Again all I want it to do is go from textbox1 to textbox2 to textbox3. Thanx In Advance!

Technology news on Phys.org
PLEASE! Anybody?

sweetjones said:
Hello, I am trying to learn Windows API on my own and I'm having a little trouble. I made an "Enter" button and all I want to do is basically when the user is finished with one textbox, when they press the "Enter" button that I created, i want the cursor to go to the next textbox. I've been looking for something like a tab event, but I can't seem to find such an event, or I don't know what code to put in the function. All I have is this:
private: System::Void btnEnter_Click(System::Object * sender, System::EventArgs * e)
{

}
Can anyone help me please? Again all I want it to do is go from textbox1 to textbox2 to textbox3. Thanx In Advance!

Well you didn't provide much frame of reference, but I'm going to assume that this is Visual C++ because of the events. I would recommend use of the Focus() method. Also note, to be focusable, Focusable and IsEnabled must both be true.

MSDN link: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.windows.uielement.focus.aspx

1. What is a Windows application event?

A Windows application event is a type of system event that is generated by an application running on a Windows operating system. These events can include information, warnings, and errors related to the application's performance or functionality.

2. How can I view Windows application events?

To view Windows application events, you can use the Event Viewer tool. This can be accessed by typing "Event Viewer" in the Windows search bar or by going to Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Event Viewer. From there, you can navigate to the "Windows Logs" folder and select "Application."

3. What should I do if I encounter a Windows application event error?

If you encounter a Windows application event error, the first step is to carefully read the error message and take note of any relevant details. You can then do a quick internet search for the error code or message to see if there are any known solutions. If not, you can try restarting the application or your computer, or reaching out to the application's support team for assistance.

4. Can I prevent Windows application events from occurring?

While it is not possible to prevent all Windows application events from occurring, you can take steps to minimize their frequency. This includes regularly updating your applications and operating system, avoiding downloading and installing suspicious software, and properly configuring your system's security settings.

5. Are Windows application events important?

Windows application events can be important as they provide valuable information about the performance and functionality of your applications. However, not all events are critical and may not require immediate attention. It is important to carefully review the details of each event to determine its importance and take appropriate actions if necessary.