Wordle Lovers - Play the NYT Daily Game
- Thread starter fresh_42
- Start date
-
- Tags
- Game
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
8,782 replies · 460K views
Physics news on Phys.org
- 22,832
- 14,880
Wordle 921 3/6















OmCheeto
Gold Member
- 2,536
- 3,663
Wordle 921 3/6















sbrothy
Gold Member
- 1,900
- 1,549
Wordle 921 4/6*




















I was pretty sure it was one of two words at the end. Of course I those the wrong one first.
I was pretty sure it was one of two words at the end. Of course I those the wrong one first.
- 16,101
- 9,307
Wordle 921 3/6















Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 3,936
- 1,866
Wordle 921 4/6*




















- 22,832
- 14,880
Wordle 922 3/6















OmCheeto
Gold Member
- 2,536
- 3,663
Wordle 922 3/6















sbrothy
Gold Member
- 1,900
- 1,549
Wordle 922 4/6*




















Dunno why I wanted it to be so complicated when it really was simplicity itself. I think because I thought all the obvious words had been used.
Dunno why I wanted it to be so complicated when it really was simplicity itself. I think because I thought all the obvious words had been used.
- 16,101
- 9,307
Wordle 922 3/6















Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 3,936
- 1,866
Wordle 922 3/6*















- 22,832
- 14,880
Wordle 923 3/6















OmCheeto
Gold Member
- 2,536
- 3,663
Wordle 923 3/6















sbrothy
Gold Member
- 1,900
- 1,549
Wordle 923 3/6*















sbrothy
Gold Member
- 1,900
- 1,549
Seems we all got it in 3. :)
- 16,101
- 9,307
Wordle 923 3/6















The streak continues . . .sbrothy said:Seems we all got it in 3. :)
- 22,832
- 14,880
Nobody will dare post a 4+ now …kuruman said:Wordle 923 3/6
The streak continues . . .
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 3,936
- 1,866
Wordle 923 3/6*















- 22,832
- 14,880
- 22,832
- 14,880
Wordle 924 4/6




















OmCheeto
Gold Member
- 2,536
- 3,663
Wordle 924 4/6




















sbrothy
Gold Member
- 1,900
- 1,549
Wordle 924 6/6*






























Again I wanted it to be more çomplex than it really was. I mean it almost couldn't have been simpler.
Ah well. Gotta share the failures too.
Again I wanted it to be more çomplex than it really was. I mean it almost couldn't have been simpler.
Ah well. Gotta share the failures too.
- 22,832
- 14,880
Anything that isn’t X/6 is a success in my book!sbrothy said:Ah well. Gotta share the failures too.
sbrothy
Gold Member
- 1,900
- 1,549
Well, I don't exactly feel like a winner although getting it, even at the last moment, I guess can be construed as a victory. A tiny little victory.Orodruin said:Anything that isn’t X/6 is a success in my book!
How is it now...? I know in American the order of the words are more or less set in stone and a foreinger gives hen-self away immediately by getting It wrong.
Does "tiny" really come before "little"? It sounded correct to me that way, but what do I really know?
EDIT: I looked into it and it might not pertain to US English alone. And it seems to be adjectives specifically:https://www.gingersoftware.com/content/grammar-rules/adjectives/order-of-adjectives
Being adjectives both tiny and little basically means the same so I'm not sure if there are any rules here. Weirdly, I've never had an English teacher who mentioned this.
Then again I also had a teacher who flagged "umpteen" as wrong. And once I found myself in the princple's office along with my mum because they thought there had to be something wrong with me just because I had a vivid imagination and a sarcastic humor. Go figure.
Last edited:
- 16,101
- 9,307
Wordle 924 3/6















- 16,101
- 9,307
Particularly intriguing (to me) is the location of the word "only" in a sentence as a modifier of what the speaker intends to convey. Here is an example I found on the web. Each line is followed by the intended meaning in italics.sbrothy said:I know in American the order of the words are more or less set in stone and a foreinger gives hen-self away immediately by getting It wrong.
https://www.wikihow.com/Sample/Only-Usage
Only + “You should take medicine for your cough.”
Only you should take medicine for your cough.
No one else should be permitted to do so except you.
You only should take medicine for your cough.
You should do nothing else besides take medicine.
You should only take medicine for your cough.
You should take medicine, but ignore other treatment options.
You should take only medicine for your cough.
You should not ingest anything else besides the medicine.
You should take medicine only for your cough.
You should take medicine for your cough, but not for any other ailments you may have.
We can safely conclude that "only" does not commute with the other words in a sentence.
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 3,936
- 1,866
Wordle 924 2/6*









