Wordle Lovers - Play the NYT Daily Game

  • Thread starter Thread starter fresh_42
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Game
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
8,778 replies · 459K views
Physics news on Phys.org
Wordle 483 X/6

🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟨⬜🟨
⬜🟩⬜🟨⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
My first fail after 90 successes. I would have succeeded with 8 guesses.
1665790136825.png
 
  • Sad
Likes   Reactions: Wrichik Basu
Mine is incomprehensible. The area under the curve (games won) is W = 80, the total games played is N = 80, yet the current streak is 50. How can that be? If the streak is broken, I must have lost at least one game in which case one would expect W < N plus I don't remember losing any games. My stats don't look right, but clicking the link doesn't do much for me. Anyway, I'm not losing any sleep over this.

Screen Shot 2022-10-14 at 7.20.59 PM.png
 
kuruman said:
Mine is incomprehensible. The area under the curve (games won) is W = 80, the total games played is N = 80, yet the current streak is 50. How can that be? If the streak is broken, I must have lost at least one game in which case one would expect W < N plus I don't remember losing any games. My stats don't look right, but clicking the link doesn't do much for me. Anyway, I'm not losing any sleep over this.

View attachment 315604
You don’t need to lose a game to break the streak. Missing a game also breaks it. For example, my current streak is 3 and based on my posts in this thread, I missed game 480 and solved 481, 482, 483.