Wordle Lovers - Play the NYT Daily Game
- Thread starter fresh_42
- Start date
-
- Tags
- Game
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
8,780 replies · 460K views
Physics news on Phys.org
- 22,832
- 14,880
Wordle 487 3/6















OmCheeto
Gold Member
- 2,536
- 3,663
Wordle 487 3/6















- 16,101
- 9,307
Wordle 487 3/6















- 22,832
- 14,880
I think this is the largest number of 3/6 I have seen for any day so far ...
- 16,101
- 9,307
We're getting better ##\dots~##or did I speak too soon? We shall see.Orodruin said:I think this is the largest number of 3/6 I have seen for any day so far ...
- 2,188
- 2,694
Wordle 488 5/6

























- 22,832
- 14,880
Wordle 488 4/6




















- 20,819
- 28,467
Wordle 488 4/6Orodruin said:Wordle 488 4/6
![]()
I see what you did last summer.
- 20,819
- 28,467
Tu quoque, Greg!DrGreg said:Wordle 488 5/6
![]()
OmCheeto
Gold Member
- 2,536
- 3,663
Wordle 488 3/6















- 16,101
- 9,307
Wordle 488 4/6




















- 16,101
- 9,307
Wordle Alert
To all PF Wordle aficionados outside the USA who have had non-US English education and those in the US who think they know everything about five-letter words:
I just found out that RALPH is a valid Wordle entry. I looked it up because I only knew of its use as a first name, e.g. Ralph Fiennes, Ralph Lauren, Ralph Waldo Emerson, etc. According to the Urban Dictionary, its top definition is a verb used as "Another word for vomiting" as in "I ralphed at the party last night." Not surprisingly, my browser's spellchecker, which set for English-US, flagged it as incorrect. Such callous disregard for what constitutes a legitimate word in the English language makes one ralph.
To all PF Wordle aficionados outside the USA who have had non-US English education and those in the US who think they know everything about five-letter words:
I just found out that RALPH is a valid Wordle entry. I looked it up because I only knew of its use as a first name, e.g. Ralph Fiennes, Ralph Lauren, Ralph Waldo Emerson, etc. According to the Urban Dictionary, its top definition is a verb used as "Another word for vomiting" as in "I ralphed at the party last night." Not surprisingly, my browser's spellchecker, which set for English-US, flagged it as incorrect. Such callous disregard for what constitutes a legitimate word in the English language makes one ralph.
- 20,819
- 28,467
Since "HOWDY" and "STEIN" were a solution, I expect any nonsense.
- 2,188
- 2,694
Wordle 489 6/6






























- 20,819
- 28,467
Wordle 489 3/6















- 22,832
- 14,880
Wordle 489 5/6

























OmCheeto
Gold Member
- 2,536
- 3,663
Wordle 489 3/6















- 16,101
- 9,307
Wordle 489 4/6




















- 2,188
- 2,694
Wordle 490 6/6






























- 20,819
- 28,467
Wordle 490 3/6















The next stolen word. First, they took biology, then they took Berlin. Are there even five-letter combinations that are NOT words?
- 22,832
- 14,880
Wordle 490 5/6

























OmCheeto
Gold Member
- 2,536
- 3,663
Wordle 490 2/6










Thanks everyone!
Odd thing is, although I eliminated all but 155 words using the patterns, the solution was not amongst those 155 words. Guessing this means that someone used an "accepted" word which is not amongst the "solution" set of words. Either that or I used boogered logic in my spreadsheet. Wouldn't be the first time.
Stranger still is that upon post examination, using my standard seed word, I would have gotten it in two even had I no help. So, never mind.
Thanks everyone!
Odd thing is, although I eliminated all but 155 words using the patterns, the solution was not amongst those 155 words. Guessing this means that someone used an "accepted" word which is not amongst the "solution" set of words. Either that or I used boogered logic in my spreadsheet. Wouldn't be the first time.
Stranger still is that upon post examination, using my standard seed word, I would have gotten it in two even had I no help. So, never mind.
- 16,101
- 9,307
Wordle 490 3/6















For me it was a good match between the 10 letters in my first two words and today's solution.
For me it was a good match between the 10 letters in my first two words and today's solution.
- 2,188
- 2,694
Wordle 491 6/6






























- 20,819
- 28,467
Wordle 491 5/6
























