Wordle Lovers - Play the NYT Daily Game

  • Thread starter Thread starter fresh_42
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Game
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
8,780 replies · 460K views
Wordle 483 6/6

β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
 
  • Wow
Likes   Reactions: Wrichik Basu
Physics news on Phys.org
Wordle 483 3/6

🟧⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟦🟦⬜⬜
🟧🟧🟧🟧🟧

In retrospect, I was lucky to get the first letter in the right place immediately.
 
kuruman said:
Wordle 483 3/6

🟧⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟦🟦⬜⬜
🟧🟧🟧🟧🟧

In retrospect, I was lucky to get the first letter in the right place immediately.
Yup. It took me a bit of thought to come up with a 4th guess that would guarantee win on guess 5…
 
Wrichik Basu said:
I admit that I ran out of words and had to take some help.
I only use a dictionary because there are words I simply do not know. This one was tough because I am well aware of that word but in another language. I guess it is an emigration; kind of.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Wrichik Basu
Wordle 485 3/6

⬜⬜🟨🟨⬜
🟨⬜🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I think this is the first time the answer was I word I've never seen before. I had to Google to see if those 5 letters really were a word.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Wrichik Basu
DrGreg said:
Wordle 485 3/6

⬜⬜🟨🟨⬜
🟨⬜🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I think this is the first time the answer was I word I've never seen before. I had to Google to see if those 5 letters really were a word.
As mentioned, it is very likely an emigrant from my point of view and an immigrant from yours.
Google: Steinkrug. More common, however, is the word TongefÀß = pot made of clay or Tonkrug.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Wrichik Basu
fresh_42 said:
I only use a dictionary because there are words I simply do not know. This one was tough because I am well aware of that word but in another language. I guess it is an emigration; kind of.
DrGreg said:
Wordle 485 3/6

⬜⬜🟨🟨⬜
🟨⬜🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I think this is the first time the answer was I word I've never seen before. I had to Google to see if those 5 letters really were a word.
When I think something might be a word that would be a good guess but am not sure it is actually a word I just enter it. If it is not a word Wordle will reject it and I lost nothing. This happens more in Spanish than in English in my case.
 
Wordle 485 2/6

🟧🟧⬜🟧⬜
🟧🟧🟧🟧🟧

A good first word helps.
It also helps that my nephew has a collection of these.
 
  • Wow
Likes   Reactions: Wrichik Basu
I'm sure this comparison has been made a zillion times before, but it seems just as relevant.

I can totally relate to Wesley's utter bewilderment in The Game:

1666105641187.png
 
That's not a fair comparison. Wordle takes only a couple of minutes a day and not 1,440. And, personally, I use it to learn vocabulary.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Wrichik Basu
fresh_42 said:
That's not a fair comparison. Wordle takes only a couple of minutes a day and not 1,440. And, personally, I use it to learn vocabulary.
Yeah. I wasn't really thinking in terms of the time, just in terms of the bizarre wildfire-spreading popularity - particularly the proclivity for sharing it (I see it a lot on Facebook too).

It's cool; it's just ... a phenomenon, worthy of note.
 
Last edited: