Wordle Lovers - Play the NYT Daily Game

  • Thread starter Thread starter fresh_42
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Game
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
8,780 replies · 460K views
dwarde said:
🟩🟨⬜🟨⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
But … why? πŸ€”
 
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: jack action and OmCheeto
Physics news on Phys.org
Orodruin said:
But … why? πŸ€”
:doh:I didn't even notice that! I refer to that type of thing as 'before my first cup of coffee in the morning' brain. I can totally relate.

Wordle 1,200 4/6

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©β¬›
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
 
kuruman said:
[...] To @sbrothy : If the idea crosses your mind that we are overthinking this, you're probably right ##~\dots~## but it's fun to do so.

That was exactly my point. Also, it was - to put it mildly - ironic. :smile:

I may have a "heurestic" MO but I'm hardly innocent of overthinking things.

EDIT: Heck, I wrote several thousand lines of C++ just to discover that cheating doesn't really pay off. o0)

Fortunately (or disturbingly), most of the code was lying around from my cheating at Scrabble. ?:)

EDIT2: I think I already linked to this, but if I need a ticket to the nerd-club I hope this will do
 
Last edited:
Wordle 1,200 4/6*

β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨
πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›
πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

1727782556094.png
 
Wordle 1,200 6/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨
⬜⬜⬜🟩⬜
⬜🟩⬜🟩⬜
🟩🟩⬜🟩⬜
🟩🟩⬜🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I used @sbrothy 's seed word. I don't think I will do that again, lol
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: edwardII and sbrothy
Orodruin said:
But … why? πŸ€”
I figured that's why he said
dwarde said:
Absolutely no comment. :(
 
gmax137 said:
Wordle 1,200 6/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨
⬜⬜⬜🟩⬜
⬜🟩⬜🟩⬜
🟩🟩⬜🟩⬜
🟩🟩⬜🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I used @sbrothy 's seed word. I don't think I will do that again, lol
That solution pattern looks just like familiar. :)
 
  • Wow
Likes   Reactions: OmCheeto and gmax137
Wordle 1,202 4/6*

β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›
β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Screenshot from 2024-10-03 14-44-12.png

That was pretty dumb. Got there eventually though.
 
Wordle 1,203 3/6

β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›β¬› [CLASH] 85 left
β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›πŸŸ© [PIOYE] filter - 5 left: BIBLE BILGE LIEGE RIFLE TITLE
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 [TITLE] most probable to be selected by a human

Luck or technique?

On my second guess, the filter words suggested by my program were BEGAT or BIGOT which would have made a guaranteed answer in 4.

But I knew BIBLE and RIFLE were not preferred as they are too edgy, especially with the ongoing US election. BILGE is way down on my list of preferred words. TITLE seems more appropriate because it is more common and LIEGE sounded more foreign and less used.

iu