Wordle Lovers - Play the NYT Daily Game

  • Thread starter Thread starter fresh_42
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Game
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
8,778 replies · 458K views
jack action said:
Wordle 1,203 3/6
jack action said:
iu

Orodruin said:
2/6
🤔
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Orodruin said:
🤔
Again, I picked the right word with an - apparently - 1 in 5 odd. Do you still believe it's luck or can you begin to see that my criteria to reduce it to a 1:1 odd might have some value?
 
jack action said:
Again, I picked the right word with an - apparently - 1 in 5 odd. Do you still believe it's luck or can you begin to see that my criteria to reduce it to a 1:1 odd might have some value?
It has about as much value as Pascal’s wager until you do a proper statistical analysis with a clear and statistically significant conclusion.

It is definitely not the mic drop moment you seem to believe it to be.
 
Orodruin said:
It has about as much value as Pascal’s wager until you do a proper statistical analysis with a clear and statistically significant conclusion.

It is definitely not the mic drop moment you seem to believe it to be.
I have to pick a word, no matter the method I choose. Why not test a theory while at it?

I'm gaining the data one game at a time.

The mic drop moment I believe I have is the one where the results tend towards the initial hypothesis. That seems to show a good start:

OmCheeto said:
1727478031800.png

I'm having fun, not looking for a cure for cancer.
 
@OmCheeto what is the x-axis on your chart? Is this the percentage of the solution words that have been used? There's what, some 2000 of those?
 
gmax137 said:
@OmCheeto what is the x-axis on your chart? Is this the percentage of the solution words that have been used? There's what, some 2000 of those?
Percent of the game that is done. So yes, "percentage of the solution words that have been used?" is correct.
 
Wordle 1,204 6/6

⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜ STRAP
⬜⬜⬜🟩🟩 RULER
🟨⬜⬜🟩🟩 NEVER I see 5 choices now
⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨 WAGON a filter, I see 2 choices left
🟨⬜🟩🟩🟩 INNER picked the wrong one
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 MINER

harder than it needed to be
 
Wordle 1,205 4/6

⬛🟨🟨⬛⬛ [CLASH] 109 left
🟨⬛⬛🟨⬛ [ENTRY] filter - 7 left: BALER FERAL LAGER LARGE PALER REGAL RELAX
🟩🟩🟨🟨🟨 [LARGE] lucky mistake *
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 [LAGER]

* I first made a mistake when entering my 2nd guess in my program; the erroneous solution was that there was only one left, i.e. LARGE. I, of course, realized my mistake when I found out it wasn't the solution. Entering the correct input as my second guess showed there were actually 7 left. With my already set third guess, the solution was clear.

If I would have entered the second guess correctly, I'm not sure what I would have picked as my third guess. The word suggested by my program was AXING which would have left 3 words: LAGER LARGE REGAL. I'm still not sure which one I would have picked between those three. My mind is too tainted by knowing the solution. Especially since, merely a few seconds before, I did another Wordle on another site where the answer was LAYER, and LAGER was one of the 5 choices I had after my second guess. o0)
 
Wordle 1,206 5/6*

⬛🟨⬛⬛⬛
⬛🟨🟨⬛⬛
⬛🟨🟨🟨⬛
⬛🟨🟩🟩⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

As always I make a stupid mistake because I'm in too much of a hurry.

Screenshot from 2024-10-07 16-36-59.png
 
jack action said:
Wordle 1,206 3/6

⬛🟩⬛⬛⬛ [CLASH] 58 left
⬛🟨⬛🟩🟨 [BOEUF] filter - 2 left: FLOUR FLOUT
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 [FLOUR] most probable

But man, you've got that system down dawg! :smile: