Wordle Lovers - Play the NYT Daily Game

  • Thread starter Thread starter fresh_42
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Game
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
8,780 replies · 460K views
Orodruin said:
Wordle guessed in 5/6!
Can you do better?
Try this wordle: https://mywordle.strivemath.com/?word=iifqd

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟨🟩⬜🟩
⬜⬜🟩🟩🟩
⬜⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
#mywordle

Of course I had the plural hint (which actually makes it a little weird that I just automatically started with my usual word!). Still. Should have known it was physics-related. Duh! :P

Screenshot 2024-09-24 at 21-23-20 Make Your Own Wordle.png
 
Physics news on Phys.org
OmCheeto said:
Wordle guessed in 3/6!
Can you do better?
Try this wordle: https://mywordle.strivemath.com/?word=asilp

⬜🟩⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟨🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
#mywordle

Guessing now that we all know the game, this should be really easy:

https://mywordle.strivemath.com/?word=lcfsj
OK. Not bad. Thought I'd made it harder with a lot of similar vocals. I guess with the right initial guess that can be a weakness as well.

EDIT: Not that your initial guess gave that much away, just a thought.
 
Wordle 1,195 2/6

🟨🟨⬛🟨⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

100% luck. My seed left only one solution.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: edwardII, jack action and sbrothy
OmCheeto said:
Wordle 1,195 2/6

🟨🟨⬛🟨⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

100% luck. My seed left only one solution.
We all know you have to say that. You get “lucky” suspiciously often. (By which I mean you’re good at this, not insinuating you’re cheating. Just making that clear!)
 
Wordle 1,195 2/6

⬛⬛🟩⬛🟨 [CLASH] 2 left - THANK WHARF
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 [THANK] The other word was just ugly. This one gives a much more positive feeling!

I've been reusing the same seed word for a while now as it seems to give good results. When I have the time, I wish to make a proper selection of my seed word based on probability rather than randomness.
 
Wordle 1 196 2/6

⬜⬜🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩


First word that popped into my head after the seed and a filter word. Of course I had to have faith in it!
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: edwardII and OmCheeto
Wordle 1,196 3/6

🟨⬛🟨⬛⬛
🟨⬛⬛🟨⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

According to my spreadsheet, we are halfway through the game.
Of course, the are still deleting and adding words, so the halfway point is a bit dynamic, but I thought I'd mention it anyways.
 
sbrothy said:
We all know you have to say that. You get “lucky” suspiciously often. (By which I mean you’re good at this, not insinuating you’re cheating. Just making that clear!)
Interesting. For the last 50 games, of the 'augmented' players, I'm in last place.
RankPlayerAverage
1Orodruin3.000
2Kuruman3.111
3Jack Action3.286
4Wordlebot*3.380
5OmCheeto3.480

Oh! I get it now. You must be talking about BAD luck.

*I included Wordlebot, as I thought people might be interested.
 
OmCheeto said:
Interesting. For the last 50 games, of the 'augmented' players, I'm in last place.
RankPlayerAverage
1Orodruin3.000
2Kuruman3.111
3Jack Action3.286
4Wordlebot*3.380
5OmCheeto3.480

Oh! I get it now. You must be talking about BAD luck.

*I included Wordlebot, as I thought people might be interested.
Hmm. I must’ve had a very local view of the graph then. :smile:
 
OmCheeto said:
Interesting. For the last 50 games, of the 'augmented' players, I'm in last place.
RankPlayerAverage
1Orodruin3.000
2Kuruman3.111
3Jack Action3.286
4Wordlebot*3.380
5OmCheeto3.480

Oh! I get it now. You must be talking about BAD luck.

*I included Wordlebot, as I thought people might be interested.
This is biased though. I am certainly not first as I do not post every day but play every day (my streak is at 521). I am more likely to post if I get a good result or if the solution itself has something I consider mildly interesting (today had both!), otherwise I might just not care enough to post.
 
Wordle 1,196 2/6

⬛⬛🟨⬛🟩 [CLASH] 2 left - FAITH RAJAH
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 [FAITH] Of course, RAJAH had no chance against FAITH.

I really love my seed word!

OmCheeto said:
Interesting. For the last 50 games, of the 'augmented' players, I'm in last place.
RankPlayerAverage
1Orodruin3.000
2Kuruman3.111
3Jack Action3.286
4Wordlebot*3.380
5OmCheeto3.480

Oh! I get it now. You must be talking about BAD luck.

*I included Wordlebot, as I thought people might be interested.
I'm sorry, are you gathering my personal information - without my consent - to do data analysis about God knows what? :)):eek::nb)

I feel naked. :blushing:

:biggrin:
 
OmCheeto said:
Interesting. For the last 50 games, of the 'augmented' players, I'm in last place.
RankPlayerAverage
1Orodruin3.000
2Kuruman3.111
3Jack Action3.286
4Wordlebot*3.380
5OmCheeto3.480

Oh! I get it now. You must be talking about BAD luck.

*I included Wordlebot, as I thought people might be interested.
If anybody cares, here are my cumulative data since I started playing. I intend to use the same seed word in the future, so once I got a "hole in one", I don't expect another.
1727445549114.png

I also started recording the percentage of words already used and my mean when about 44% of the words was already used. That plot (shown below) indicated a steady improvement. The last (differently colored) point is today's mean value. I expect a steeper slope as the percent of used words increases. Please don't call me a geek! I didn't put error bars on the plot, did I?

Percent Used.png
 
Wordle 1.196 5/6*

🟨⬛🟨🟩⬛
⬛🟨⬛🟩🟨
🟨⬛🟩🟩⬛
⬛🟩🟩🟩⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

E1A02805-C421-48F6-B33A-12DABD4DD11B.png

Haven’t been proud recently. Sub-par accomplishments all over the board.