Wordle Lovers - Play the NYT Daily Game

  • Thread starter Thread starter fresh_42
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Game
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
8,778 replies · 457K views
I thought I had a lucky day yesterday. But then it turned out that there have been 3 possibilities left for the first letter. Guess what it turned out to be ...
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Anachronist said:
Either that, or you're likely to get it in two tries 2% of the time.

In the Wordle app histogram, my performance is 8 correct answers in two tries out of 244 games played. So I'm hitting 3.3%, slightly above that average of 2%.
It looks like I'm currently getting it in two about 5% of the time.

guesses​
numbers​
%​
1​
0​
0.0%​
2​
18​
4.9%​
3​
90​
24.3%​
4​
163​
43.9%​
5​
72​
19.4%​
6​
20​
5.4%​
7​
8​
2.2%​
N​
371​
σ​
1.2115​
μ​
4.298​

..
As for the rest of the people over the last 13 games, it looks quite varied: 1 thru 11%

Game #Nσμ% who got it in 2 guesses
576337,1560.8304.017
2%​
575356,3400.8373.452
11%​
574370,9350.8244.225
1%​
573668,6140.7593.827
3%​
572319,8250.8473.812
5%​
571668,5120.7503.599
5%​
570353,5400.7864.136
1%​
569301,7530.8904.474
1%​
568671,6980.8503.659
8%​
567195,2090.8143.769
5%​
566169,2650.8784.489
1%​
565229,4250.7753.999
2%​
564230,5231.0814.396
3%​
 
Wordle 582 2/6

⬛⬛🟨⬛🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

As always, my spreadsheet recommended my second guess, so don't blame me.
Had it been up to me, I'm confident that I would not have gotten it in less than 6.