Wordle Lovers - Play the NYT Daily Game
- Thread starter fresh_42
- Start date
-
- Tags
- Game
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
8,777 replies · 457K views
Physics news on Phys.org
- 20,819
- 28,467
OmCheeto
Gold Member
- 2,536
- 3,662
Wordlebot's analysis does that to me all the time. For this game it claims that globally, 1 out of 11 people guessed the answer in 2 tries. My seed word scheduled for today guaranteed I get the answer in 2 tries as there were no other solutions*. So there was zero skill on my part, just dumb luck.gmax137 said:
*Wordlebot claims there were 5 possible solutions after my first guess: 2 new words, 2 previous solutions, and the solution. Since I keep track of old solutions and am not privy to new words until after I've finished playing, I had only 1 choice. Today is the first time I've added these 'new words' to my list of potential solutions as there have been 3 in the last 83 games and they really mess up my game. (GUANO, SNAFU, and BALSA)
sbrothy
Gold Member
- 1,896
- 1,548
Wordle 728 4/6*




















- 20,819
- 28,467
Wordle 729 3/6















And the best of it: this wasn't luck.
And the best of it: this wasn't luck.
sbrothy
Gold Member
- 1,896
- 1,548
Wordle 729 4/6*




















I didn't like that one. *facepalm*.
I didn't like that one. *facepalm*.
OmCheeto
Gold Member
- 2,536
- 3,662
Wordle 729 4/6




















- 20,819
- 28,467
Wordle 730 4/6




















OmCheeto
Gold Member
- 2,536
- 3,662
Wordle 730 4/6




















- 20,819
- 28,467
This was and will be the only example where the elimination of vowels was the path to victory. I ruled out "ea" in my seed word, then tested "iou" in the second, and there were not many words left!gmax137 said:Wordle 729 4/6
Me either!
sbrothy
Gold Member
- 1,896
- 1,548
Wordle 730 5/6*

























I'll admit I used some help solving this one. It had me really .issed off. I guess it shouldn't count. Then again I'm from Denmark and I haven't got a fancy education like you guys. :P
Sometimes my vocabulary just doesn't cut it. Although I actually knew the word when I saw it.
The penultimate try was TAROK. which wasn't even on the AI's list.EDIT: It warms a little that the Wordle Analyzer called my first guess (AUREI) "Super unlucky" and that the AI would have had it in 4. :P
I'll admit I used some help solving this one. It had me really .issed off. I guess it shouldn't count. Then again I'm from Denmark and I haven't got a fancy education like you guys. :P
Sometimes my vocabulary just doesn't cut it. Although I actually knew the word when I saw it.
The penultimate try was TAROK. which wasn't even on the AI's list.EDIT: It warms a little that the Wordle Analyzer called my first guess (AUREI) "Super unlucky" and that the AI would have had it in 4. :P
Last edited:
- 20,819
- 28,467
Wordle 731 3/6















sbrothy
Gold Member
- 1,896
- 1,548
Wordle 731 3/6*















Yeah. Liked this one better. No help this time too.
Yeah. Liked this one better. No help this time too.
OmCheeto
Gold Member
- 2,536
- 3,662
Wordle 731 5/6

























- 2,009
- 988
Wordle 731 4/6




















I took a few days off
I took a few days off
- 2,009
- 988
Yeah, but without some random new words, every so often, the game would soon become boring.OmCheeto said:...Today is the first time I've added these 'new words' to my list of potential solutions as there have been 3 in the last 83 games and they really mess up my game. (GUANO, SNAFU, and BALSA)
- 20,819
- 28,467
Wordle 732 3/6















OmCheeto
Gold Member
- 2,536
- 3,662
Wordle 732 3/6















This game will tell us who are the real fans of Grant Sanderson.
This game will tell us who are the real fans of Grant Sanderson.
- 16,097
- 9,306
Wordle 731 3/6















Back from vacation.
Back from vacation.
- 16,097
- 9,306
Wordle 732 4/6




















- 20,819
- 28,467
Similar to me. If I had checked my second guess on previous occurrences I probably would have made it in 2.gmax137 said:Wordle 732 5/6
My third and fourth words just popped into my head too quickly.
sbrothy
Gold Member
- 1,896
- 1,548
Wordle 732 6/6*






























Too many possibilties. But at least I got it. Last minute.
EDIT: That's what I get for starting with ASCOT. Sometimes what I do just don't make any sense.
Too many possibilties. But at least I got it. Last minute.
EDIT: That's what I get for starting with ASCOT. Sometimes what I do just don't make any sense.
- 20,819
- 28,467
Wordle 733 4/6




















OmCheeto
Gold Member
- 2,536
- 3,662
Wordle 733 4/6




















- 2,009
- 988
Wordle 733 5/6



















<-trying candidates




