1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Work and electric potential in a moving charge

1. Jul 12, 2012 #1
    1. Explain briefly the relationship between electric potential and work in moving a positive charge q from point A to point B in an electric field

Should I explain that work is potential energy plus kinetic energy? is it asking for that?
    and also, does the fact that it's a positive charge moving change anything? I'm confused
    help

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 12, 2012 #2
    Did this come with a diagram? The direction of the E-field from point A to point B makes a big difference. Is the E field assumed to be uniform?

Lots of info missing here unless you are supposed to go through all the general E-field orientations on your own.

4. Dec 4, 2012 #3
    I just had this exact same question on a physics test today. Word for word, and I've been looking for the answer. Any luck?

5. Dec 4, 2012 #4

ehild

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

You need to know the definition of electric potential .

http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/182697/electric-potential

ehild

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook